Assessment & Testing
What is the TSI Assessment?
The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Assessment is the only approved assessment instrument for all students attending a public college. The state mandated program is designed to help determine if the student is ready for college-level course work in the general areas of reading, writing, and mathematics.
The TSI Assessment minimum passing standards for college readiness are:
- Mathematics = 950 + or < 950 an Diagnostic = 6
- ELAR = 945+ with an essay of 5+ or ELAR < 945 with an essay of 5+ and Diagnostic of 5 or 6
Students who score below the cut scores are placed in the appropriate developmental course and will need to earn a "C" or better.
What is needed to take the TSI Assessment?
- Must have completed an ApplyTexas application for one of the Alamo Colleges
- Banner ID Number ( a Banner ID is generated from your Apply Texas application)
- Must have completed the GOFAAR and TESTPREP modules located in your ACES portal (Start Here Tab)
- A valid picture ID (State ID, Federal ID, Passport)
- TSI Fees - $32.00 for the full 3 test battery, and $12.00 for each partial section. We accept cash, electronic check, or credit card payment.
*Please pay for the exam at our testing center, testing fees are non-refundable. If payment has been made prior to the test day you will need to provide a printed receipt of payment.
The TSI Assessment is given at CTTC at the following times:
Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m.
Suggested Study Links: