Congratulations to the winners of the 2018 Holiday E-Card Contest!
2018 Theme: "Hope for the Holidays"
The Chancellor’s Office invited current Alamo Colleges District students to submit entries for an original holiday e-card to be used as the official 2018 Alamo Colleges District holiday greeting card. Creative entries were judged by the Presidents and Vice Chancellors Tactical Leadership Team.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be awarded scholarships from
the Alamo Colleges Foundation.
|2nd Place - Gabino Martinez (SAC)||3rd Place - Marissa Aguilar (SAC)|
The deadline to enter is December 7 at noon.
The entries will be judged by the Presidents and Vice Chancellors Tactical Leadership Team.
“Hope for the Holidays”
Like its namesake, Alamo Colleges District has their own inspirational impact on society.
From our very beginning through decades of change and expansion, we have worked to make higher education accessible and affordable for all. Today, all five colleges fulfill this promise with a vast array of courses, certificates, 2-year degrees and credits that transfer to four-year universities.
We pride ourselves in providing hope for our students year-round – hope for a better education, hope for a better life and hope for a brighter future.
This holiday e-card contest should highlight that hope, whether through showcasing our student advocacy centers to inspire the spirit of giving or by shedding light on some of the many ways the Alamo Colleges District gives hope to students through education that leads to opportunity.
Allow the theme to inspire creativity.
How to Enter
You will need to fill out an application and provide the following information:
- Area of Study
- Phone Number
- ACES Email Address
- Personal Email Address (Optional)
- Banner ID
- A link to your project on a streaming service (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) for viewing by judges
- Participants must be currently enrolled students at the Alamo Colleges District in good academic standing
- Only original works will be accepted
- Animations, Videos/Movies, Graphic Design and photography projects will be accepted. All deliverable assets must be digital
- HD or Higher (720p or above)
- 90 Seconds maximum in length
- The media project must list or showcase all 5 colleges
- Northeast Lakeview College, Northwest Vista College, Palo Alto College, St. Philip’s College, and San Antonio College
- The official Alamo Colleges District logo must be incorporated
- Submissions will be graded on theme, technical skill, absence grammatical errors, and overall creativity
December 7 (noon) – Deadline for submissions
December 10 – The top three submissions will be chosen and notified via ACES email. Winners may be invited to present their submission at the December 11 board meeting. Please save the date.
$500* from the Alamo Colleges Foundation
$100* from the Alamo Colleges Foundation
$75* from the Alamo Colleges Foundation
*The award will first apply to any outstanding obligations to Alamo Colleges. Student financial aid recipients will have funds disbursed in accordance with applicable federal regulations.