Career Services & Job Placement
The mission of the Career Services and Job Placement Center is to support the institution's academic programs by designing, implementing, and managing services and programs that meet the career and educational development and employment needs of the students.
At Northeast Lakeview College we can help you determine your career goals no matter what stage of life you are in. Career planning is an ongoing process and Career Services offers an array of professional services that will assist students with exploring, developing, and setting goals that relate to each student's unique educational and academic plans. Career Services encourages students to start during their first semester with self-assessment and career exploration to declare a major. Career Services will strategically guide you through your career decision making the process by associating majors to careers. Contact us today or speak with a faculty member or an advisor for a referral.
FOCUS 2-Career and Education Planning System
FOCUS 2 is an online interactive, self-paced career and education planning system designed to help you make decisions about your future career goals and education plans.
- Explore majors based on self-assessment
- Research careers associated with specific majors
- Compare occupations
- Learn important industry data and facts
- Decide which career fields and majors are best for you
- FOCUS 2 Access code: nighthawks
A user-friendly web-based tool, that provides most current local data on wages, employment, job postings, and the associated education and training that can lead to your intended career:
- Declaring a major at a university
- Link majors to careers
- Action plans
- Career Portfolio
- Career Resources
- What Can I Do With This Major?
- Texas Reality Check
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
Are you looking for work? If you are a student or a member of the Northeast Lakeview College community, look no further. Job placement can help assist you with your employment needs and provide you access to employers. But, before you complete your job search, you should be prepared.
- Job Readiness Services
- Resume Review
- Cover Letter
- Mock Interviews
- Employer Recruitment
- Career Fairs
- Online Employment Resources
Purple Briefcase is an online platform that can help prepare you for your next internaship or employment opportunity. Post your resume online and allow employers to seek you out.
Purple Briefcase offers:
- Employment/Internship opportunities
- Access to employers
- Alamo Institute related events
- Career preparation videos
- Career forums
- Create a professional network
- Work Study Opportunities
- Career Services Facebook page
Build out your profile! Students can follow your company's action within the site, and a full profile attracts much more attention than an empty one. Don't forget to upload your company's logo! Once your connection is approved, you'll be ready to post employment/internship opportunities.
Purepost is a free service that provides a skills assessment based on your military training and work experience, while also creating a fully translated, civilian resume and online profile.
Registration takes about 5 minutes, and a Career Services professional will be able to collaborate with you to optimize your profile.
- A skills assessment showing 30+ in-demand skills for each of your military positions
- Translated job titles and duties that help employers understand the value of your military background
- Online profile and downloadable PDF resume
- Online collaboration with Career Services professionals
Register today to showcase your education while building upon the valuable foundation of your skills and work experience gained from military service.
Student Commons (STCM-124)
Monday - Wednesday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday 8:00am - 7:00pm