Logistics is the movement of supplies, material, and people from one place to another to satisfy a corporate and consumer requirement. It includes inventory management, quality control, purchasing, operations management, and much more. All businesses rely on logistics professionals to keep their inventory moving.
Logistics and Supply Chain Management is one of the 50 fastest-growing career fields, according to the U.S. News and World Report.
- Logistics Industry Day brings students face to face with logistics industry companies.
- Custom Brokerage course opens up a new world of import and export trade regulations.
- Supply chain simulations that expose students to challenges of product distribution.
- Internship with a local company allows you to apply classroom learning to the real world.
A.A.S, Logistics & Supply Chain Management
Career Areas & Employment Positions
- Transportation—Traffic or Freight Manager, Dispatch Supervisor, or Fleet Manager
- Warehousing/Distribution— Warehouse or Distribution Center Operations Manager
- International Logistics—Customs Agent, Logistics Analyst, Import/ Export Supervisor
- Manufacturing—Production Manager, Operations Supervisor or Logistics Engineer
- Purchasing—Purchasing Manager, Customer Service Supervisor, Finance Director