COVID-19 Information & Resources for Students
The health and wellness of students and staff is our highest priority. Out of an abundance of caution, the Alamo Colleges District, including Northeast Lakeview College, has made changes to the way we provide instruction and operate at the start of the Spring 2021 semester, in light of the growing concerns related to the coronavirus. All classes will be held remotely including CTE courses through at least February 14, 2021.
In accordance with existing Level 5 protocols, staff will provide students with drive-through, curbside, contactless essential services from January 7-February 14, 2021. This will include pickup of Wi-Fi hotspots, books and laptops and drop-off of documents, as well as any other essential services. Please use the webpage below to find specific service information and contact information and hours
Northeast Lakeview College Information Technology has laptops and hotspots available for loan to students. Students can initiate a request by calling the Help Desk (210-486-5777 - Option 3) or by completing the following form:
Students calling the Help Desk will have their information verified, including registration, and a curbside pick up will be scheduled.
Students submitting a request by an online form will receive a call from IT within 24 hrs. to schedule a curbside pick up.
Students MUST be registered for the semester in which they are requesting the device to qualify for device check-out.
|Return to Campus Plan||District Student Resources|
|Home Internet Access for Students||Quick Canvas Guide||Wi-Fi Map|
|College Contact Information||Faculty & Staff Directory|
Experience NLC's new and convenient One-click Tutoring service!
With a single click, you can connect with tutors to help with your studies Mon-Thurs 9 am - 7 pm, Fri 9 am – 2 pm, & Sat 9 am – 1 pm. Buttons for Writing, Math, and Science can be found below the tutor-introduction video on www.alamo.edu/nlc/tutoring.
These Zoom sessions with tutors who specialize in the discipline are open sessions, and no appointment is required.
After hours, you can access Brainfuse through Aces or your Canvas course. Get individualized help or bring your friends to study together!
Any questions, contact Kathy Bryson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (210) 580-6658. We are here to help you excel!
Spring 2021 Purchases and Rentals
All purchases and rentals can be coordinated through the Bookstore website. Students may choose to have their items shipped, or, beginning Jan. 7, a curbside pick-up can be scheduled at the end of any purchase on the Northeast Lakeview College Bookstore website.
Curbside pick-up will be available throughout the Spring 2021 semester at San Antonio College.
Type of Service
Hours of Operation
SAC / NLC
Monday-Friday, 9 am – 5 pm
Saturday (1/16) 10am – 3pm
Monday MLK Day (1/18) 9 am – 5 pm
W Dewey St along McCreless Hall
When you arrive, please remain in your car and call the SAC bookstore at 210-733-5960 for curbside service.
Software & WiFi
- Internet: Free Intent from Comcast and Spectrum.
- Free internet in designated parking spots at the Alamo Colleges
Canvas: All courses will now be facilitated through Canvas, the Alamo Colleges District learning management system. You can access Canvas through ACES.
- Students will be able to access the Remote Ready Boot Camp for Students. You can find it in your Canvas course list.
Zoom: Your instructors and your advisors will be using Zoom to interact with you.
- Using Zoom via the Web: You do not have to set up an account because zoom is available via the web: zoom.us. Faculty and staff will send you meeting invites, and you can join the meetings by simply clicking on the link
- Using Zoom via the App: If you choose to download the zoom app, you must sign in “with SSO”. The company domain name is: Once that information is entered, you will be directed to the ACES login page. Simply log in to your ACES account and your available meetings will appear.
How will we communicate with you:
- ACES e-mail account: The official form of communication. We will be sending you updates, so please check regularly.
- CANVAS: Your instructors may be communicating with you through your CANVAS course.
- Please check the following website for general Return to Campus updates: https://www.alamo.edu/covid-19/
Social Media: please check the college’s social media channels for updates and information. If you haven’t subscribed yet, you can like/follow us at:
How you can communicate with us:
- E-mail: We will be checking our e-mail regularly, so please reach out to us.
- Chat: Some college websites have a chat feature.
- Call: Please contact department and if unanswered, leave a message with the following: Name, Banner ID, state the reason for the call, and a callback #. Voicemails will be checked daily and responded to via email.
- During this time, TSI testing will be the only assessment testing, we can offer. Please continue to check our website as we prepare to support your testing needs. https://www.alamo.edu/nlc/admissions--aid/assessment-center/
New Virtual Tour:
- Please take a virtual tour of our beautiful campus and review the campus presentation for new students.
New Students (First Time in College):
- We are very excited about your interest in NLC: Please visit: https://www.alamo.edu/nlc/admissions--aid/ to start your enrollment process.
- Once you apply, one of our NLC Enrollment Coaches will reach out to you about the process. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact one of our Enrollment Coaches:
Transfer, Transient and Returning Students:
- We support all students, regardless of where you are in your academic journey. If you are a Transfer, Transient or Returning Student, please visit: https://www.alamo.edu/nlc/admissions--aid/outreach-and-recruitment/NSO/ or contact Renee Higgins at email@example.com for questions.
- We are prepared to support you holistically as you continue your academic journey remotely.
“Due to high volume, Certification packets submitted between 1/14 and 1/19/2021 will not be processed by the payment deadline of 1/16/2021. Please make a payment plan to ensure classes are not dropped.”
The Alamo Colleges District Veterans Affairs Offices are providing advising and benefit certification services to our students remotely due to the ongoing COVID 19 situation. Please contact your home campus VA office by email or phone by using the information found in the “Contact Us” tab below. The VA has provided some guidance pertaining to the payment of housing allowance for students who have had all of their courses converted to online courses as a result of COVID 19 campus closures as follows:
Students using VA and Hazlewood benefits for the upcoming semesters can follow this link to submit your certification documents online.
You may also email your assigned VA advisor for information on how to submit your requests to have your courses certified or firstname.lastname@example.org for general information. Please be aware that all advising appointments are being conducted remotely and your advisor will work with you to schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
Classes for all of the Alamo Colleges will start on January 19th. Face-to-Face courses will be offered through remote teaching and learning from January 19th through February 14th, with a plan to resume face-to-face classes on campus on February 15th. Face-to-face classes will meet remotely during this time as a class at the regularly scheduled time and day using a video conferencing tool called Zoom. Each Face-to-Face class will also have a Canvas course established to help facilitate remote learning.
Canvas will be the primary means of communication for face-to-face courses while in remote learning. Faculty will use the Canvas announcements and inbox features to share information about coursework. Students should review their course syllabus, consistently watch for messages in Canvas regarding coursework, and participate in Zoom sessions during the remote instruction period.
In preparation for remote learning, students are strongly encouraged to begin monitoring their ACES email and Canvas on Tuesday, January 19th.
Please monitor your Aces Email for updates on the date
Financial Aid: Please visit the Financial Aid website at https://www.alamo.edu/admission--aid/paying-for-college/financial-aid/financial-aid-tv/ or call Local: 210-21ALAMO (210-212-5266) Toll-Free: 1-844-20ALAMO (1-844-202-5266) to speak to a Financial Aid counselor, Monday-Thursday 8:00 am-7:00 pm; Fridays 8:00 am-5:00 pm. And Saturdays 9:00 am-1:00 pm.
Paying Tuition: If you need to pay your tuition for the semester, please visit: https://www.alamo.edu/admission--aid/paying-for-college/business-office/.
Credit Card: Pay on-line through your ACES Account
Check: Pay on-line through your ACES account.
Cash: Alamo College is still working on a process to pay by cash. Please check the website for updates.
Northeast Lakeview College offers online/remote tutoring with both our regular in-house tutors and external tutors through Brainfuse. Brainfuse provides support for all Alamo Colleges students.
Brainfuse Online Tutoring can be accessed from within ACES or from any Canvas course:
- Select Live Help if you have a quick question – sessions are 30 minutes.
- Select Tutor Match if you want to work with one of NLC’s in-house tutors.
- Select Writing Lab if you want a paper reviewed in 24 hours.
- You may also email your paper to email@example.com
You have 7 hours for use with Live Help and the Writing Lab. Your time in Tutor Match is unlimited, but please respect the needs of others and only book up to 2 hours twice a week.
Resources: Brainfuse2020 User Guide
- Phone: (866) 272-4638
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need more time or have questions, you can:
- Join one of our regular Math or Writing workshops online through Zoom – just click on any workshop listed here
- Check out any of the self-help tutorials in Brainfuse or that the ASC provides:
- Email Kathy Bryson at email@example.com to set up a private Zoom session
- The Main Library, NLIB 137, and NLIB 237 will be closed; however, virtual operations will remain open.
- Library stacks, internal computer lab, study rooms seating/study areas will be closed to all non-library employees.
Library Hours of Operation:
Onsite/in-person services are unavailable during Level 5.
- Virtual library Instruction upon request, Information Literacy Videos available 24/7
- Reference remains 100% virtual with one-to-one virtual research appointments with librarians upon request.
- Monday-Thurs, 7 am – 7 pm
- Friday 8 am – 5 pm
- Closed Sat/Sun
- Career Advising: Our Career Services Specialist is trained to help you choose an academic plan that is going to be the best fit for you. Please contact our Career Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: https://www.alamo.edu/nlc/academics/academic-resources/career-services/ for information.
Your Certified Advisor is the main point of contact as you progress through your degree. They are knowledgeable about degree requirements and resources on and off-campus.
If you have any questions about your degree, holds, transfer of credit, registration, please schedule an appointment with your advisor at https://www.alamo.edu/nlc/experience-nlc/current-students/academic-advising/
You can also use the “Chat” feature and ask one of our advisors a question! M-F 8:00-5:00 and Thursday 8:00-7:00.
You can visit our Transfer Advising Guides for information about what classes to take when transferring to a four-year institution. http://myalamocatalog.alamo.edu/index.php
At NLC, we are prepared to provide wrap-around support and this may come in different forms. Some of the services available include a food pantry, book voucher program, counseling, and referrals for public assistance.
The Alamo Colleges Helpline is available Monday-Thursday 8 am - 7 pm and Fridays 8 am - 5 pm at (210) 486-1111.
You can contact the NLC Advocacy Center via our website
We want to make sure you get the support you need to complete your courses successfully. Please visit:
Am I still going to graduate?
Absolutely! Please visit the Graduation website to apply for graduation: https://www.alamo.edu/nlc/experience-nlc/current-students/graduation/
We are still working on Commencement, so please continue to check the website for updates.
Student Hotline Hours:
Monday – Thursday 8 am - 7 pm