Welcome to the Northeast Lakeview College Scholarship Office
Scholarship Application Process
To apply for Scholarships for the 2023-2024 academic year:
Application Opens on: January 5, 2023
Please note: You must be enrolled or admitted to Alamo Colleges to create an account and apply for scholarships on this website as your ACES login credentials are required to sign in.
General Eligibility Requirements
- Full-time (12+ hours) OR part-time (6-11 hours).
- 2.00 GPA or greater
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as required by Student Financial Services. (more info).
- May not be related to any of the Alamo Colleges District Board of Trustees and/or Alamo Colleges Foundation Board Members. (more info).
Your application will automatically be considered for ALL Northeast Lakeview College AND Alamo Colleges Foundation Scholarships.
Students selected to receive scholarships will be notified via email.
Students must submit a scholarship application each year for scholarship consideration.
While not required, it is recommended that students also apply for financial aid by completing the FAFSA.
- To complete the scholarship application, click on the “CLICK HERE to apply” button at the bottom of the Scholarship Office homepage and log in with your student ACES credentials.
- All students (domestic, international or DACA) are invited to apply for the scholarships available.
- Scholarship eligibility is based on various factors such as academic merit, program of study, community service, extracurricular activities, residency, campus/club organization, and/or financial need.
- If you are a previous applicant or want to be considered for scholarship renewal, you must apply again to be considered for scholarships for the current academic year.
- Please note that you are required to be enrolled or admitted at the Alamo Colleges to apply for scholarships on this website. Incoming students should start the admission process by completing their ApplyTexas application at applytexas.org to receive your ACES credentials.
- Once you submit your scholarship application, you will receive a confirmation to your ACES email certifying you have successfully submitted your application.
- Scholarship recipient selections begin after the application deadline and continue throughout the academic year.
- Students selected to receive a scholarship will be notified through ACES email and required to accept their award within two weeks of notification.
- To be considered for any need-based scholarships, complete and submit the 2022-2023 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.ed.gov.
- Your application is reviewed for any opportunity you are eligible for; therefore, you do not need to apply for each individually.
Below are the prompts for the personal statements requested on the scholarship application.
- Tell us about yourself: Introduce yourself! Feel free to share some background information to help the donor get an idea of what makes you, you! Examples include home life, hometown, hobbies, strengths, weaknesses, personal achievements, and academic and professional goals. Be sure to include information about what you are studying. (Only share what you feel comfortable sharing.)
- Tell us about your life outside the classroom: What activities are you involved in? Describe your experiences with employment, community service, military, honors, clubs/organizations, volunteer activities, sports, or other extracurricular activities. Share how your involvement in those activities influenced you.
- Tell the scholarship donors how scholarship funds will support you: How would a scholarship help you? Share how a scholarship might help you achieve your educational, career, financial and/or personal goals. Express how you would feel if you were awarded a scholarship.
- Tell us why you are pursuing higher education: Why did you decide to go to college? Explain who/what made you decide to go to college. Include why you choose the Alamo Colleges District. If you are a current student, describe what you have valued most about your Alamo Colleges experience so far.
- Be sure to answer all questions.
- Respond to each ‘Personal Statement’ thoroughly, keeping in mind that a panel of judges will review and score your application.
- Consider writing your statements in a word processing program like Microsoft Word so you can edit them as needed before cutting and pasting them into your application.
- Be sure to use complete sentences.
- Be sure to use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- The maximum number of words allowed for each personal statement is 500.
- For the ‘Personal Statements’, jot down your answers as an organized outline or draft before you begin. Next, fill in the details to engage the reader.
- If you need help, have a friend or family member review your statements. If you have time, consider using the services of the tutoring center or an English instructor on campus.