IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING Student Success Functions
Welcome, NLC students to the Fall 2020 semester! Our Student Success Division is excited about your future at NLC and we are here to assist you through this interesting time. We care about you and understand that success takes support. Our friendly and expert staff are available to address any challenges or questions you may have while completing your academic journey.
Please visit the Student FAQ for general information as it pertains to services while remote.
The Student Commons Building will be closed beginning September 14 until further notice for interior and exterior minor renovations. Student Services functions will be available through remote access during this time.
Our Virtual Office Hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm, last appointment at 4:30 pm.
- Thursday 8:00 am-7:00 pm, last appointment at 6:30 pm.
- First Saturday of the Month 9:00 am - 1:00 pm, last appointment at 12:30 pm. (October 3, November 7 and December 5)
Virtual Welcome Center is on a first-come-first-serve basis. There may be a wait during peak times. Before accessing the Virtual Welcome Center, please review the contact information below.
The easiest way to connect with our staff: Remote Only
Schedule an appointment through your ACES portal (Navigate)
Need assistance: email@example.com
- Need assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food Pantry
- Schedule an appointment by email@example.com or by calling (210)486-5179.
- Counseling and DSS are providing services by appointment.
- Need assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (210)486-5179.
- Need assistance: email@example.com
- Need assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org or (210) 733-5960.
- Ship their Rental Books back to San Antonio College (Loftin Student Center, 402 W. Dewey, San Antonio, TX 78212) at their own expense through a carrier of choice. Please make sure to write your name and phone number on the packing slip so we are better able to identify and credit the correct rental account.
- Schedule a curbside drop-off with San Antonio College by emailing email@example.com or calling (210) 733-5960. Please make sure to write your name and phone number on the packing slip so we are better able to identify and credit the correct rental account. Curbside will be available M-R 9 am to 5 pm and Fridays 9 a.m. to 1 pm
All orders will be on the bookstore website: nlc-shop.com. Curbside pickup can be scheduled at San Antonio College (Loftin Student Center, 402 W. Dewey, San Antonio, TX 78212) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (210) 733-5960. Curbside will be available M-R 9 am to 5 pm and Fridays 9 am to 1 pm
- Participate in Virtual Drop-ins Mondays and Thursdays
8:00 am - 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Need assistance: email@example.com or call (210)21-Alamo.
- Need assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (210)212-5266.
- Need assistance: email@example.com
- Student IDs are being created remotely. Visit https://alamo.campuslabs.com/engage/submitter/form/start/430893
|Remote Student Toolkit||Virtual Campus Tour||Remote Friendly Checklist|
- The Main Library, NLIB 137, and NLIB 237 will be closed; however, virtual operations will remain open.
- Library stacks, internal computer lab, study rooms seating/study areas will be closed to all non-library employees.
Library Hours of Operation:
Onsite(by appointment only for material curbside pick-up)
- Monday/Tues, 8 am-Noon
- Wed/Thurs, Noon – 4 pm
- Monday-Thurs, 7 am – 7 pm
- Friday 8 am – 5 pm
- Closed Sat/Sun
Suite of Services (in-Person)
- Curbside Pick-up of materials
Suite of Services (Virtual)
- Virtual library Instruction upon request, Information Literacy Videos available 24/7
- Reference remains 100% virtual with one-to-one virtual research appointments with librarians upon request.
Northeast Lakeview College Information Technology has laptops and hotspots available for loan to students. Students can initiate a request by calling the Help Desk (210-486-5777 - Option 3) or by completing the following form:
Students calling the Help Desk will have their information verified, including registration, and a curbside pick up will be scheduled.
Students submitting a request by an online form will receive a call from IT within 24 hrs. to schedule a curbside pick up.
Students MUST be registered for the Fall 2020 semester to qualify for device check-out
- The Academic Support Center in NLIB 212 and 214 will be closed.
Tutoring Hours of Operation (Virtual):
- Mon-Thurs, 9 am – 7 pm
- Friday, 9 am – 2 pm
- Sat, 9 am – 1 pm
Suite of Services:
- Tutoring available through Zoom and Brainfuse
- Drop-in Zoom Sessions
- One-to-one Tutoring via Brainfuse by appointment
- Embedded Tutoring
- Supplemental Instruction/Academic Coaching
Bookstore curbside services will begin 8/10 and run through 9/4
Curbside drop-off/pick up process:
Curbside pick-up will be available by appointment only from Monday, Aug. 10– Friday, Sept. 4.
- Monday–Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fridays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 21 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 22 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Curbside Pick Up
- Once you are ready to check out, select “Curbside Pick Up (FREE)” as your delivery method. *Note: Selecting ship may have you receive items faster
- Select your preferred pick-up location.
- Proceed with completing your order. Once an order is confirmed, you will receive an email receipt with a link to schedule your pick up time.
- Please wait for an additional email confirming your items are ready before arriving at the store. Pick up instructions will be provided in the email.
- Upon arrival, park in the roundabout near the Fine Arts building (Lot 5). Let us know you have arrived by bookstore by calling 210-486-5449, visiting the URL, or scanning the QR code.
Rental Returns curbside drop off
- Please call 210-486-5449 on or after Aug. 10 to schedule a time to drop off your rental return. Due to limited available slots and to prevent traffic congestion, we are unable to accommodate “walk-up” or “drive-up” rental return drop-offs without a scheduled drop-off time.
- You must wear a mask during the curbside rental drop off.
- With your rental return, please include a sheet of paper with your name, email, and telephone number on the rental account.
- Once you arrive at your scheduled time and assigned curbside slot, call the store at 210-486-5449.
- Please remain in your vehicle, with your window up as we roll a cart by the driver’s side door.
- We will then step back to suggested 6 feet of physical distance.
- When signaled, please roll down your window and place your rental return and info sheet on the cart.
- Once your rental return is on the cart, please roll up your window.
- We will then retrieve your rental return.
- All returned rental books will be quarantined upon receipt. As a result, it may take up to three days before students receive a rental check-in confirmation email.
Rental Returns mail-in
- *Students will ship their rental returns back to the bookstore at their own expense through a carrier of their choice.
- Sign in to the existing account associated with the rental.
- Upon sign-in, “Rentals” page and “Rental History” is displayed when the customer scrolls down the page. The student selects either the Return by Mail button or the Return All Rentals by Mail both options open the Return by Mail modal.
- The Return by Mail modal displays all rentals are eligible to return. Rentals already returned, charged non-return fees, extended, or converted to purchase are not displayed. The student selects the rental books they wish to return and clicks CONTINUE.
- The student selects their return address from the drop-down menu or selects the Enter a New Address
- The Generate Your Packing Slip option is displayed. The student reviews the Helpful Tips and then clicks GET PACKING SLIP.
- The GET PACKING SLIP button opens a new window. The student reviews the Shipping Instructions and prints the packing slip.
- Students will ship their rental returns back to the bookstore at their own expense through a carrier of their choice.
Committed to STUDENTS FIRST, the health and safety of our Northeast Lakeview College community is our priority. We continue to follow CDC, local, and state guidelines as we prepare for the Fall 2020 semester.
Classes will be offered in the following formats:
|Synchronous instruction (live class meetings at scheduled class days and times), using technology-enhanced and fully interactive learning. It offers the benefits of face-to-face instruction while maximizing social distancing efforts. Remote instruction will take place via ZOOM, Canvas, and additional remote-access tools.|
|(Fully Distance Education) courses delivered entirely online in an asynchronous format.|
|On-campus||limited on-campus instruction specific to those courses with specific programming needs.|
All on-campus courses and on-campus services will transition to remote teaching, working, and learning after Thanksgiving through final exams. This includes returning to remote operations for faculty and staff.
There will be no change to the academic calendar
See below for what to expect if you’re coming to campus in Fall 2020. For remote learning, operations, and services, visit our remote student toolkit.
To ensure the health and safety of students, faculty, and staff, the following protocols will be in place.
- Daily health screening, including a temperature, check upon arrival at the campus; there will be a separate check-in for students and employees. Once screened and cleared, individuals will be given a wristband to allow movement amongst campus buildings for that day
- All employees and students will be required to wear face coverings
- Social distancing will be enforced in all buildings, classrooms, and labs, etc. Courses/sections that require F2F instruction will consider options to reduce classroom capacity to achieve six (6) feet of separation and the sharing of equipment shall be avoided.
- Signage will be used to remind employees and students of proper safety protocols and to assist with social distancing efforts.
- Sneeze guards and Plexiglas barrier installations will be used in high-frequency visitor areas and classrooms, touchless technology will be used where possible
- Enhanced cleaning protocols will be in place
- To maximize safety measures, and in collaboration with Risk Management and College Services, we will only have a limited number of buildings open for access and use.
Parking - To minimize traffic flow on campus during this time, parking will be available in Lot 7. WIFI available in parking Lot 3. Find a campus map here
Food Service – The Cyber café and the cafeteria will be closed during this time and water fountains and vending machines will not be in service. Please plan accordingly.
Please check back to this site as we continue to finalize on-campus services and hours. This page will be updated weekly.
While we continue to offer remote services, please visit COVID-19 Student Resources for contact information.