SPECIAL NOTICE: For assistance, send an email to email@example.com. Please include the following information in your email: Your full name, Banner ID#, and the high school you currently attend/will be attending, followed by your message.
Dual Credit for Homeschool Students
Northwest Vista College offers traditional dual credit to eligible homeschool students in our service area. The Core Curriculum Selection List can be used as a guide for the potential courses students can take. Final course eligibility will depend on student's transcript and test scores.
Before applying, please contact the NVC Dual Credit Department for detailed program information.
- Returning students: There is a possibility you may need to re-apply and/or take the TSI Assessment for the 2022-2023 program, if you did not register for and/or dropped courses during the previous semester.
The dual credit department can assist you with determining the need to re-apply and/or re-test.
- Program Eligibility Packet:
- Apply Texas application
- Parent/Student Consent form
- Notarized High School Transcript with expected graduation date
- Proof of Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination - must be uploaded in ACES on the "Start Here" tab
- Test Scores
- Make an appointment for dual credit advising where you will turn in your forms - students must have test scores on file prior to scheduling advising
- Deadlines for Fall 2022:
- February 18, 2022 - Apply Texas Application for admission (Fall 2022 Entry Term)
- April 1, 2022 - Last day to submit required documentation and initial test results due
- June 3, 2022 - Final registration requests
*Dual Credit Students cannot register themselves. Students must email their course request to the dual credit department before the deadline.
NOTE: Homeschool students must choose courses that follow the high school curriculum they will need to complete in order to graduate.