In response to social distancing measures, all classes are currently being held remotely and access to campus buildings, including the labs, is restricted.
The CARES labs will continue to serve students this summer by providing remote one-click zoom tutoring with NVC tutors
Monday-Thursday from 8am-8pm, Fridays 9am-8pm, and Saturdays: 9:00-5:00PM
Now offering extended weekend hours for the Summer 2021 8-week semester
Note: The lab will be closed from May 17- June 6th and will reopen on Monday, June 7th.
Please do not hesitate to contact me via email at email@example.com if you need any assistance or would like to make an appointment.
Integrated Reading and Writing (INRW)
Hours of Operation
Mon -Thurs: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Fridays and Saturdays: Closed
(Students may use JH 216 for INRW lab hours and assignments when this lab is closed)
Here you will find a place where students in Integrated Reading and Writing (INRW) classes may work individually or in groups with the aid of a tutor. These classes require lab hours.
• Discussing and approaching assignments
• Review of instructor comments on assignments previously submitted
• Questions about the reading/writing process
• Techniques for becoming a more active reader and writer
• Techniques for reading difficult texts and textbooks
• Reading and writing strategies
• Completing required lab assignments and lab hours
Academic Program Coordinator
College Level English Lab
The Advocacy Center