Transfer International Student with an Active F1 Visa
How to Apply
Step 1: International Student Application
- Download and print application. Your application must be completed, signed and returned along with all required/requested information.
- Mail all original documents to: Northwest Vista College, International Student Services, Desert Willow Welcome Center Rm 202, 3535 N. Ellison Dr, San Antonio, TX 78251
Step 2: Apply to Northwest Vista College
- Apply to Northwest Vista College online at https://goapplytexas.org/.
- Click here for instructions on how to apply online.
Step 3: Financial Documentation
- Complete the financial information in the International Student Application.
- Provide a letter from your bank stating you have the equivalent of $25,000.00 U.S. dollars.
- The letter must be dated within 60 days and must be in English.
- Make sure to complete on the International Student Application, the Financial Resource Requirements.
- If you are bringing your spouse or children, you will be required to prove an additional $5,000.00 per dependent.
- Make sure to complete on the International Student Application, Dependent Form.
- A copy of dependent’s Passport will also be required.
Step 4: Official Academic Records (high school and/or college)
- All students will need to submit a transcript of the last school attended.
- If the high school or college is not a U.S. school, then transcript must be translated and evaluated.
- Translation and Evaluation companies may be found at http://www.naces.org/members.html
- Northwest Vista College will only accept translated and evaluated copies from the above mentioned web site.
- All transcripts received must be in their original envelope and sealed, no open documents will be accepted.
Step 5: English Proficiency – TOEFL or IELTS Score
- TOEFL exam score.
- 500 Paper-Based Test
- 173 Computer-Based Test
- 61 Internet-Based Testing
- IELTS exam score.
- 5.5 on the exam.
- Make sure to request the test company send an official copy of the exam results. An official copy is a copy sealed in an envelope.
Step 6: Photo
- Send a Passport size photo with your International Student Application
Step 7: Statement of Understanding
- Sign and date the Statement of Understanding on your International Student Application
Step 8: Processing Fee
- $100.00 U.S. Dollars (Non-Refundable)
- Two Options for submitting $100 Processing fee:
All documents must be received before the posted deadline. Incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
Application deadlines for a transfer student, with college credits, and a current F1 visa:
- Fall semester is July 1
- Spring semester is December 1
Students with an active F-1 visa and non-college credits (ex. ESL) deadline:
- Fall semester is May 15
- Spring semester is October 15
NVC does not admit international students for the summer semester.
Academic Advising Services/International Student Services are located in Desert Willow Welcome Center (DWWC) Rm 202R. Please visit the Advising Services Check-in Window for assistance.
Due to Inclement Weather, NVC is offering Remote only International Student Services on Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2023 via Zoom
March 13 - 19 Spring Break-College Closed
April 7 - 9 Easter Holiday-College Closed
April 28 - Fiesta Holiday-College Closed