The colleges of the Alamo Colleges District will be serving students remotely beginning March 23 due to COVID-19, the Coronavirus. Please be aware that in-person visits at all of our locations are temporarily suspended. You may communicate with our department via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, Examity, the only company allowed to provide online proctoring service for the TSI Assessment is temporarily down due to COVID-19. Therefore, test-takers will not be able to access their online proctoring services until further notice. We will update our website whenever Examity resumes online proctoring of the TSI Assessment. In the meantime, please be sure to complete the previous enrollment steps leading up to the TSI.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we transition to serve you remotely!
AP and CLEP
The Northwest Vista College Assessment & Testing Office is a testing site for CLEP exams. If you are interested in taking a CLEP Exam, please review the available subjects listed on the CollegeBoard CLEP webpage.
- $20 NVC CLEP Proctoring Fee due on day of Test. Click Here to pay NVC CLEP Fee
- $89 College Board CLEP Fee Click Here to Create a College Board CLEP Account to Pay
- Be Sure to review our CLEP Policy Guidelines before committing to your purchase, our office cannot refund you for this purchase as it is made through CollegeBoard.
- To schedule a CLEP Exam Click Here
- Show up at least 30 minutes ahead of scheduled time for CLEP Administration.
- Must have valid State/Government issued ID.
- Note: Biographical information on ID must match what is printed on CLEP Registration Ticket. Click Here for the CLEP Identification Policy
- Must have printed receipt for NVC CLEP Proctoring Fee
- Must have print out of CLEP Registration Ticket.
- Allow for at most 2 hours (3 hours if taking College Composition CLEP).
Requirements to Award AP and CLEP Credit
- Official Score Report from College Board must be sent to Northwest Vista College.
- Must meet the Credit by Exam Score Policy for AP and CLEP. Click Here to view CLEP/AP Credit Policy
- Successfully completed 6 credit hours at Northwest Vista College.
- Students may not earn more than 45 total hours of non-traditional credit.
- Credit by exam may not be awarded for a course given a grade. Exceptions:
- If withdrawn from course before census, Credit by exam may be awarded,
- If withdrawn from course after census, must wait six months from last day of that term.
- Students must submit a Credit by Exam Request to the Northwest Vista College Testing Office, specifying the courses they want to be awarded using their AP and/or CLEP scores.