The colleges of the Alamo Colleges District will be serving students remotely beginning March 23 due to COVID-19, the Coronavirus. Please be aware that in-person visits at all of our locations are temporarily suspended. You may communicate with our department via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, Examity, the only company allowed to provide online proctoring service for the TSI Assessment is temporarily down due to COVID-19. Therefore, test-takers will not be able to access their online proctoring services until further notice. We will update our website whenever Examity resumes online proctoring of the TSI Assessment. In the meantime, please be sure to complete the previous enrollment steps leading up to the TSI.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we transition to serve you remotely!
Take the TSI from Home
Notice: This service is currenlty Suspended.
You can now take the TSI assessment from home through Examity!
Examity is an online service provided by an outside source contracted with College Board’s Accuplacer/TSI Testing program. They offer their services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by appointment.
This service is available to students who are unable to take the TSI Assessment at Northwest Vista College during regular testing hours. The Examity option may be for you if:
- You live a far distance from our location
- You work during the times the TSI Assessment is offered
Examity charges a $25 (plus taxes) Proctoring fee – paid when you schedule an appointment. This cost is in addition to Northwest Vista College’s TSI Assessment fee (paid separately). Visit our TSI page to view the cost of the TSI Assessment.
If you would like to pursue the Examity option, use the following steps as your guide:
Complete the necessary enrollment steps prior to testing (see Enrollment Checklist here)
- Complete an Apply Texas Application for Northwest Vista College.
- Access your Student ACES Portal and complete the following modules:
- Go FAARR
- Test Prep
- Go FAARR
*Note: although a transcript is not required to take the TSI Assessment, it is best to have submitted your transcript by the time you plan to take the TSI. It will be required in order for your to move forward with your enrollment steps after testing.
It is important to confirm that Examity is the right fit for your testing needs.
Contact Examity via phone at 1-855-392-6489 (855-EXAMITY) or create an Examity account by clicking here to find out Examity's testing requirements.
- Be aware that Examity charges a $25 Proctoring fee. This cost is in addition to Northwest Vista College’s TSI Assessment fee (paid separately).
- Confirm that you meet their technical requirements.
- Before Scheduling your appointment with Examity, you will need a voucher number. Your voucher will be issued once you have paid for the TSI Assessment. Move onto Step 3 to request your voucher.
If you have decided to move forward with Examity Proctoring Service, you MUST complete a Voucher Request with Northwest Vista College. This will need to be done at least 3 business days prior to the appointment date you’ve set with Examity.
- Complete this form in order to notify us of your decision to utilize Examity
- Once your request is received, the Testing Office will send you an email with instructions for payment.
- Make the payment and provide the Testing Office with confirmation of payment.
- When your payment has been confirmed, a TSI Assessment Voucher number will be created and sent to you. The voucher will be required upon your scheduled test date with Examity Proctoring service.
*Note: If you have not already made an appointment with Examity, this would be next.
You will need to have the following items with you:
- Valid Picture ID
- Testing Voucher number
*Note: Examity may have additional requirements. Be sure to communicate with them to determine what these requirements may be.