FANs: Friends of the Arts at NVC

1920x1080-FANSwithAMY2023-G2.jpg

About FANs

You can help Northwest Vista College students transform their imagination into reality. Your impulse to give can turn into something tangible for students with artistic dreams, an inspired painting, a professional performer or a celebrated artist.

Inspiration.

Education.

A thousand futures.

Because we dare to imagine the possibilities...

At Northwest Vista College, we believe that artists represent the finest of human potential.

Mission

Friends of the Arts (FANs) supports and promotes the programs, events, and students of the Fine and Performing Arts at Northwest Vista College and beyond.

Vision

A flourishing arts community at Northwest Vista College. 

Values

FANs commitment to Social and Racial Justice, and Inclusion will inform and guide all aspects of our work. We believe placing these values at the forefront of our work cultivates artists who are true agents of change and connects our community to the world in meaningful and creative ways.

Membership:

Click Here to Become a Member

Pay Here
(Select NVC FANs in the Designation section)

Donations:

Click Here to Make a Donation(Under the Designation section, choose NVC FANs General Support, or NVC Fine and Performing Arts Student Support Fund)

Board Members:

Tim Hedgepeth

Tim Hedgepeth

Tim Hedgepeth
Executive Board Member

Tim Hedgepeth is a San Antonio-based theatre teacher, director, and consultant.

He is a member of the Drama faculty at Northwest Vista College where his courses include Theatre History, Acting 1, Acting 2, and Theatre Appreciation. He is the co-founder and Artistic Director of Allegro Stage Company and a guest director for San Antonio theaters including The Public, The Cellar, The Woodlawn and The Classic Theatre.

He received his BA in Drama from Trinity University and his MFA in Theatre from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.

He currently serves on the boards of The Woodlawn Theatre, and FANS (Friends of the Arts at NVC). Prior to returning to San Antonio, Tim was the Executive Director of the Mississippi Arts Commission, overseeing statewide arts-based initiatives in partnership with the state legislature, the National Endowment for the Arts, The Lila Wallace Foundation, and Southern Arts Foundation. While in Mississippi, he founded Renaissance Theater Workshop

Tim and his husband Rene' Paul Barilleaux reside in San Antonio, Texas with their dog Pippin.

210-275-5233
tphedge@gmail.com or thedgepeth1@alamo.edu

Ronald J. Wojnar

Ron Wojnar

Ronald J. Wojnar
Executive Board Member

I have 20 years of video experience, 15 of which was as a full-time editor. I have cut many videos from local, regional, to national commercials, with over 2000 commercials cut. I have also a number  of music videos and many corporate videos. I am a recording musician (drums) and have recorded & helped mix two albums and have written over 100 musical arrangements.

My teaching philosophy is if you want to learn film/video you have to do it, not just read about it. In the first video class, students are in-the-field the second day of class and editing the second week. I treat all    students as “beginning video professionals.”

Education

M.A. with Distinction in Education with a concentration in Instructional Technology & Design, University of the Incarnate Word.

B.A. in Theater & Film with a concentration in Film/TV Production, Penn State.

Ronald J. Wojnar
Educator (Ret.)  / Avid Editor
210-685-5909

Kort E. Jackson, MA, MEd

Kort E. Jackson

Kort E. Jackson, MA, MEd
Executive Board Member

Kort Jackson was born in San Antonio, TX and grew up in San Antonio attending public schools in the Northeast, East Central and Northside Independent School Districts before graduating from Holmes High School in 2006. He then attended The University of Texas at San Antonio, earning a BA in History (with minor in Economics) in 2012, a MA in Political Science in 2015 and a MEd in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies (ELPS) in 2017. He currently is a doctoral student in ELPS, working towards a PhD.

Professionally, Kort is an adjunct faculty member teaching Federal and Texas Government at Northwest Vista College; and has been grateful for the privilege and honor being part of the NVC Wildcat community since August of 2015.

In 2017, Kort was elected for his first two-year term on the board of FANs, and has cherished the opportunity to advance the Arts at NVC; subsequently, Kort was re-elected for a second term in 2019 and in 2020 was elected by the board to serve as the Secretary.

Click Below for Events:

NVC EVENTS CALENDARS