Step 2: Communicate
Now that you’ve participated in a Remote Ready Boot Camp (RRBC) you can use Zoom and Canvas to teach remotely with confidence. Here are some suggestions for initial and ongoing communication with remote learners.
- Obtain your class roster
- Email students a notice that their face-to-face course will be delivered remotely until further notice (view sample email)
- The sample email explains that students will have access to training in Canvas called Remote Ready Boot Camp: Student.
- Here is a video for students on how to access the training.
- Use the inbox and announcements tools in Canvas
- Provide virtual office hours using Canvas tools and/or Zoom
- Students may alert you to hardware, software, or Internet connectivity limitations. Please be flexible and provide alternatives to course participation, assignment submission, and completion of assessments.
- Please refer students to the Student Resources page of the main COVID-19 information page for information on advising, registration, advocacy, counseling, disability support services, library resources, payment, textbooks, tutoring, and access to technology.