Office of Veterans Affairs
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
Join us in celebrating Veterans Week!
Fall 2023 Hours August 31 - December 21
- Appointments Only (Face to Face or Zoom) available:
- Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 8:15 a.m. – 5:45 p.m.
- Walk-ins (Face to Face or Zoom) available
- Tuesday 8:15am - 6:45 p.m.
- Friday 8:15 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
- 1st Saturday of the month
- 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
San Antonio College’s Office of Veterans Affairs is committed to supporting the needs of student veterans to maximize their academic success at SAC.
SAC Veterans Affairs provides comprehensive support services for military-affiliated students, including active service members, Guard, Reserve, veterans and their family members.
Executive Order 13607
San Antonio College is a signatory to the Presidential Executive Order – Establishing Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Serving Service Members, Veterans, Spouses, and Other Family Members; and the “8 Keys to Veterans’ Success” which are steps that postsecondary institutions can take to assist Veterans and Servicemembers in transitioning to higher education, completing their college programs, and obtaining career-ready skills.
- If you served on Active Duty, you might be eligible for education benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs. For example, the Post-9/11 GI Bill® provides financial support for educational and housing expenses to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill®.
- If you are currently serving in the military, you may be eligible for funding offered through the Department of Defense Tuition Assistance program. Check your eligibility status and the amount for which you qualify with your Service prior to enrolling.
- If you are the spouse or child of a service member who is serving on active duty Title 10 orders in the paygrades of E1-E5, O1-O2, or W1-W2, you may be eligible for financial assistance from the Department of Defense for education, training, and/or the occupational license and credentials necessary for a portable career. (MyCAA)
- If you are the spouse or child of a service member, you may be eligible for transfer of the service member’s Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits to you.
- San Antonio College does not provide commissions, bonuses or other incentives based directly or indirectly on securing enrollments or federal financial aid (including Tuition Assistance funds) to any persons or entities engaged in any student recruitment, admission activities, or making decisions regarding the award of student financial assistance.
- San Antonio College refrains from high-pressure recruitment tactics such as making multiple unsolicited contacts (3 or more). including contacts by phone, email, or in-person, or engage in same-day recruitment and registration for the purpose od securing Service member enrollments.
Each year SAC-VA serves more than 3,000 military-affiliated students with support including academic advising, benefit certification, tutoring, support groups and counseling, and career services.
Our services include:
- Virtual VA Advising (Passcode: Victory1)
- Academic advising for all military affiliated students including veterans, active service members, guard and reserve members, and their family members
- Benefit certification for
- VA education benefits
- Veterans’ Readiness and Employment
- Hazlewood benefits
- MyCAA scholarship program
- Tuition Assistance
- Transition and career services (university transfers and employment resources)
- Mental wellness counseling
- Women veteran services
- VA Veteran Success on Campus (VSOC) counselor
- VA Veterans Integration to Academic Leadership (VITAL) case management
- Disability Claims representation from Disabled American Veterans of America (DAV)
- Employment services including workshops and job fairs
We offer both in-person and virtual service hours, extended hours, and Saturday walk-in service.
Contact us today for information regarding the eligibility and extent of your educational benefits coverage.
The Victory Center
SAC-VA is located in the Victory Center, where veterans and military-affiliated students can get all of the services they need for college in one stop, including assistance with benefits, a tutoring center, a computer lab and a lounge area for studying.
Victory Center Room 101
1819 N. Main Ave.
San Antonio, TX 78212
Office: (210) 486-0111
Fax: (210) 486-9146
All service hours are virtual and in-person unless indicated otherwise.