2017 Hours of Operation:
Please refer to our notice about online advising services being temporarily suspended. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Hours will vary per advising institution. Click on the chat room for hours.
**Online Advising may experience brief service interruptions in the next few days while we transition on our online advising to support different pathways for students.**
Dates and Hours will vary per institute advising chat room.
The Advising Center will have limited online advising hours on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays due to New Student Orientation.
Due to limited staffing, an advisor may not be available during the above hours. A message will be left in the main room stating when an advisor will not be available.
Online Advising is temporarily suspended while we transition our online advising to support different pathways for students. If you are unable to speak to a certified advisor in person, contact your advising institute to set up a phone appointment or online appointment (*online option may not be available in every institute*):
- Business and Public Service majors/pre-majors: (210) 486-0328
- Creative Communications and Art majors/pre-majors: (210) 486-0333
- Health and Bioscience majors/pre-majors: (210) 486-1406
- Science and Technology majors/pre-majors: (210) 486-0768
If you cannot reach your advising center by phone, email email@example.com a SAC Advising representative can direct you to the appropriate center.
Steps to Online Advising
- Click to review video before entering a session: Blackboard Collaborate Orientation
- Click to Review Getting Started Quick Guide
- Advising sessions dates and times will vary per institute.
- Petitions for Academic Dismissal will no longer be accepted online. Students on academic dismissal are required to meet in person with their assigned advisor. Your session may or may not be recorded.
When you arrive in the session, please double check your audio, etc., to make sure the session run smoothly. If you have a built-in microphone or a headset with microphone, you can use it to talk during the session. It is important that you have speakers to be able to hear the counselor/advisor. If not, there will be limited communication unless you also join the teleconference using the phone and pin number provided during the session. When you enter the session, please wait until a counselor greets you and takes you into their room for your confidential online advising session.