|CLEP exams are computer-based tests that allow students to receive their scores after the test. It is a 90-minute test and after completion, students have the option of submitting or not submitting their CLEP scores to be posted in their college transcript. Scores are available immediately upon completion unless taking the College Composition with Essay test.
CLEP credit is not applied to the transcript until the student has successfully completed 6 regular college credits at one of the Alamo Colleges. Students may not earn more than 45 total hours from any testing equivalency source. You cannot register for the CLEP exam if you are currently enrolled in the same course you wish to receive CLEP credit.
CLEP Testing dates available during the following months
Spring Semester: February, March, April, May
Summer Semester: June, July
Fall Semester: September, October, November, December
CLEP Testing is not offered during the months of January and August.
Registering for the CLEP Exam
- Complete the online CLEP registration process at https://clepportal.collegeboard.org/myaccount . Your name on the registration must match your State or Federal ID.
- Alamo Colleges students should not purchase the Spanish with Writing CLEP, if planning to take a Spanish CLEP Exam.
- Choose San Antonio College as your test site.
- Pay $89.00 CLEP fee payable to CLEP when you complete the online registration.
- Print your CLEP Exam Registration Ticket.
- Pay the $20.00 non-refundable administrative fee via our virtual business office at Alamo Colleges Marketplace , it is important to print all your receipts, you will need to provide a copy of them on the day of the exam.
- You can schedule your CLEP test date online by clicking CLEP APPOINTMENTS. We do not register anyone over the phone or via email, paying for the fees does not automatically sign you up for the CLEP test.
- You will receive an email confirming your appointment.
|Date of the Exam
Students will need to arrive to the testing lab at least 15 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment. You are allowed 90 minutes per CLEP Exam, allow 2 hours per CLEP exam for signing and seating arrangements.
- You will need to provide your printed CLEP Registration Voucher and a copy of the $20.00 receipt.
- A valid driver's license, valid state ID, military ID or a current passport are acceptable forms of ID and are required to test, expired documents are not allowed.
- No calculators are required, an online scientific calculator will be available on the exam.
- Electronic devices such as cell phones, tablets, MP3 players and smart watches, etc. are not allowed inside the testing room. Anyone carrying any of these items will not be allowed into the testing room.
- Registration must be done online for the dates shown below and paid in full.
- Registration closes the day before the scheduled test date (see schedule below).
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to the testing site the day of the exam.
- Those arriving after 1:30 pm will NOT be allowed to test or students who do not show up for their appointment, will need to repay the $20.00 fee to reschedule.
For exam descriptions and study material, please visit CollegeBoard for an official score report or call 1800-257-9558. Should you have any questions or require further information regarding CLEP contact Gracie Alvarez at email@example.com site #6645.