Early Care and Education Grant Information
San Antonio College - Early Childhood supports the participation of low-income parents in post-secondary education through the provision of campus-based child care services.
Types of Grants
Funds are used to support or establish campus-based child care programs primarily serving the needs of low-income students enrolled in Institutions of Higher Education (IHE)s. In addition, grants may be used to serve the child care needs of the community served by the institution.
Carl Perkins Grant Information
CCAMPIS Grant Information
- Only have to pay $15-$20 per week – instead of the typical $160-$215 per week.
- Federal and State funding pays for over $2,000 for a child’s care and education each semester.
- Have a child enrolled in a nationally accredited program…only about 5% of non-public early childhood programs in Bexar County are nationally accredited. A national accreditation means high quality.
In order for our department to continue distributing funding to students, students must make adequate progress toward the goal of graduating.
Our grant awards dictate that you complete all requirements listed below in a timely manner.
Attend your classes and complete your coursework
- Earn grades of C or higher in your classes
- Maintain enrollment in a minimum of nine credit hours
- Check your ACES email on a daily basis
- Attend three scheduled parent workshops
- Meet with your child’s teacher
- Complete four volunteer hours
- Meet all required deadlines for submitting documentation