International Student Admission Requirements
How to Apply:
All non-immigrant visa holders must complete one of the applications below.
Listed below are 4 categories of international student admission. Please select the category that applies to you.
- New students: The I-20 application is for individuals who are applying for the F-1 visa from outside of the U.S. Download
- Transfer students (current F-1 visa holders): The I-20 application is also used for students interested in transferring from a U.S. college or university. Download
- Concurrent/Transient Students (F-1 visa holders): This application is for students who are currently attending another U.S. college or university and would like to take classes at San Antonio College during the regular or summer semester. Download
- Other visas - This application is for individuals who hold a visa other than F-1. Download
New International Students (students applying from outside of the U.S.):
- Fall semester (August): May 15
- Spring semester (January): October 15
New students are accepted for fall and spring ONLY
Transfer International Students (students currently in the U.S. attending another college/university or U.S. high school):
- Fall semester (August): July 1
- Spring semester (January): December 1
We do NOT accept mid-term transfers or summer transfers
Note: To be eligible for transfer, your SEVIS record must be in active status.
Application packets can be sent electronically to:
When all requirements have been met, your international student admission application will be evaluated for admission and if accepted, the Form I-20 and letter of acceptance will be issued by San Antonio College.
Documents/I-20 Mailing Options
- Send it by regular U.S Postal Service mail address in home country.
You may ask ISS to mail the document(s) to you by regular mail (domestic or international), but keep in mind that this could take quite a while to reach you. To do so, send an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the correct mailing address.
- Send it by express mail at my expense.
You may use the eShipGlobal service to have your document(s) express mailed to you through either DHL or FedEx at your own expense. To do so, visit https://study.eshipglobal.com (do not visit DHL or FedEx directly). You will be required to create a user name and password to set up an account. To request shipment, you will need your San Antonio College Banner ID, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, and credit card information. If you have questions about how to use this service, review the Help section of the eShipGlobal website or e-mail email@example.com. Once you have requested the shipment, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify our office that you have requested an eShipGlobal shipment.
To pay the $100.00 (non-refundable) application fee, go to: Submit International Application fee
Foreign Transcript Evaluation
All foreign transcripts must be evaluated and/or translated by a U.S. company. The college will only accept evaluations from NACES members.
Current NACES Member List
Note: There is no guarantee transfer credit can or will be given. All evaluations are subject to review and approval by the college.
Transcript evaluations must be sent electronically to:
The college will only accept evaluations sent directly to us by the evaluation company. We will not accept electronic evaluations from appilcants.
Phone: (210) 486-0116 or
Oppenheimer Academic Center (OC) 220
Senior Coordinator - International Student Services
Principal Designated School Official (PDSO)
Phone: (210) 486-1720
Phone: (210) 486-0116
Fall and Spring Office Hours:
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Summer Office Hours:
Monday – Thursday 8:00am - 7:00pm