Events at Scobee
THE SCOBEE EDUCATION CENTER & PLANETARIUM Friday Night Public Show Programs cancelled until further notice.
The Scobee Education Center will not be providing programs at this time; however, we will maintain our web sites, Facebook and other social media connections for fluid updates as we work from virtual office spaces.
The Alamo Colleges District is conducting classes remotely due to the coronavirus situation. This includes the main campus of San Antonio College and its satellite locations and offices. For registration and other information, visit the SAC website at https://www.alamo.edu/home/ .
For updates on our operations, please go to alamo.edu/coronavirus or email email@example.com. Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we work to safeguard the health of our students and employees.
For more information, visit our Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/sacscobee
Mark your calendars for the following dates:
- Month of July - FREE Virtual Planetarium Showing: Unseen Universe GET TICKETS
- This 25 minute video shows us what lies beyond the Earth. For millions of years, our view of the heavens has been limited by our eyes, allowing us to only see a narrow band of electromagnetic radiation we call visible light. For the first time ever, in the greatest breakthrough since the invention of the telescope, we now have the technology to capture the Universe over an amazing width of the spectrum and beyond. We can even interlink telescopes around the world to capture data on a global scale.
- Week of July 13th - Listen to podcast interview with Sonny Melendrez as he sits in with Director, Richard Varner, Planetarium Coordinator, Michelle Risse, & Academic Coordinator at the Challenger Learning Center, Heather Aguillon. LISTEN HERE
- July 22, 2020 - Facebook Live Event interviewing NASA Engineer, Erika Alvarez. She is the Leading Systems Enginner for NASA's Space Launch System.
- Ask question by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to submit is July 19th at 5pm.
For more information or to make a field trip reservation, contact:
Monica Gutierrez, Administrative Services Specialist
Reservations Email: sac-ScobeeCtr@alamo.edu
Rick Varner, Center Director
For information regarding sponsorship of events, programs, or exhibits, contact:
Natasha Sobers, Coordinator of Program Development
For more information about the Scobee Planetarium, contact:
Michelle Risse, Planétarium Coordinator
For more information about Challenger Learning Center missions and education programs, contact:
Jennifer Becerra, Lead Flight Director/Academic Program Coordinator
Celina Terrones, Academic Program Specialist
Campus mailing address (not physical location)
San Antonio College campus
1819 N. Main Ave
San Antonio, TX 78212
Physically located approximately 1 block east of the intersection of San Pedro Ave. and West Park Street. Enter campus east on W. Park Ave. Free parking in non-reserved spaces is available in Lot 21 and Lot 29. Look for the large blue Charlie Cheever Jr Star Tower across Lot 21 to your left.