- Are you open?
We are currently closed for onsite programming for the public through the Alamo Colleges District’s protocols to protect community health and safety. We look forward to being able to provide in person programming again in the Spring of 2021, until then, please, refer to the virtual resources being made available through our Challenger and Planetarium programming!
- Location: Scobee Education Center guests often “explore” San Antonio College near the front of our campus at 1819 N. Main Ave. This is the mailing address for the college campus and our center is located within the campus.
For this reason, we post the location off of San Pedro & W. Myrtle St. on our web sites. For the purpose of Google Map directions only, the location of the new loop roadway is approximately 1198 San Pedro Ave. or specifically 29°26'41.9"N 98°29'52.3"W This Google map is located at: https://tinyurl.com/y7w7znqz
- The center programs are only available Monday through Thursday to school and community groups through a reservation process. Public planetarium programs are available on Friday evenings when parking is readily available. The doors open at 6:00pm on Friday evening for the general public.
- Parking: Free Parking is available in the new #3 San Pedro Avenue parking garage accessible from West Evergreen Street by turning on Maverick St. into campus or the new loop roadway on San Pedro Avenue. Do not park in reserved spaces.
- Planetarium Tickets: Tickets are only available through the Lackey & Casper Ticket Booth 30 minutes prior to the start of a program. Currently, we can only accept major credit cards, cash or checks. Reservations to the Friday evening presentations are only available to groups who have rented the Briefing Room or Mays North Lobby for birthday parties or other celebrations that include the planetarium. Special group presentations and rates may be reserved during the week by contacting our Center at (210) 486-0100 or via email at sac-ScobeeCtr@alamo.edu.
- Food and Drinks: The Scobee Education Center does not have a cafeteria or dining area. Typically, school groups eat their lunches outside on picnic tables and benches provided on the front terrace. During inclement weather groups are permitted to eat in areas restricted to benches and open floor areas on the first floor. For Friday night shows, no gum, food or drinks are permitted in the planetarium. You will be asked to place these items in the trash bin or leave them outside during the show.
- Challenger Learning Center: Simulated missions are not "walk in" experiences and require more planning in advance of the mission. Public missions are typically scheduled in February (Valentine's Day) and April (Spring). Dates and ticket sales are announced and sold in advance of the mission date. Please check our Events at Scobee, subscribe to our Newsletter, or Like us Facebook to stay updated on the details for these special days.
- Center Tours: The center is not staffed for regular tours of the facility. Tours may be made to the public during special events, such as Educator Open House, Center Anniversary Events, San Antonio College Community Events. Private group tours are associated with facility rentals and are subject to staff availability. To inquire about private events and facility rentals, please visit our Contact Us page.
From San Pedro Avenue, just south of San Pedro Springs Park turn east at the light nearest to W. Myrtle St. into the SAC campus. You will see the large blue Cheever Star Tower to your left across the circular turnaround roadway.
*Park in Garage #3 off of San Pedro Ave. in any available space that is not posted as reserved. Do not park in reserved faculty/staff spaces or lots. There is another entrance into Garage #3 from W. Evergreen St. by turning on Maverick St. into campus.
Buses have limited, designated spaces along the loop roadway and may unload classes at the curbs here. It is preferred for bus drivers to unload and pick up their classes at these areas in front of the Santikos Micronaut Ctr. and Scobee Education Ctr.
This Google map is located at: