The Alamo Colleges Foundation Scholarship application for academic year Fall 2020/Spring 2021 is closed. Scholarship recipient selections for 2020/2021 can occur throughout the academic year. Students selected to receive a scholarship are notified by email.
Alamo Colleges Foundation Scholarship Application for Fall 2021/Spring 2022
- The priority deadline is April 5, 2021 (recommended deadline).
- The final deadline is September 5, 2021 (for students that missed the priority deadline).
- Please note: Applications submitted after the April 5, 2021 deadline will not be reviewed until after the September 5, 2021 deadline.
- Scholarship Application and other information can be found at:
- The Foundation holds two deadlines every academic year.
- In order for students to be considered for any of the Alamo Colleges Foundation scholarships, they must apply prior to set deadlines.
- Only one application is considered for the entire Fall and Spring academic year.
- Students can be considered for various scholarships from that one application.
- Students must reapply each year to be considered for next academic year scholarships.
- The Alamo Colleges Foundation has various scholarships and some are financial need based.
- To help us determine if you are eligible for these scholarships: Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible so eligibility can be determined in a timely manner.
- FAFSA application: fafsa.ed.gov
Quick Tips and Info:
- Tip: Invest time in composing your essay. (If needed, save your application to work on your essay.)
- Tip: Type your essay in MS Word in order to run spell check and word count. (When ready, you can cut and paste.)
- Tip: Consult with the SAC Writing Center (click link) to ensure your essay is perfect!
- Please complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (click link)
- For complete Alamo Colleges Foundation Scholarship information, click here.
Get involved! Scholarships always want to see student community involvement
Contact Student Life (click link) for Student Clubs & Organizations info (Loftin Student Center)
Contact Civic Engagement (click link) for Community Service Learning and Volunteerism opportunities such as: reading buddies, mentoring, big brother/big sister, more!
- Writing Workshops, Writing Center - link
- Career Workshops, Career Services - link
- Empowerment Center/Services for Women & Non-Traditional Students - link
SAC students have the opportunity to apply for:
Internal Scholarships - these are Alamo Colleges District Foundation scholarships which are only available to students attending one of the Alamo Colleges District Colleges.
Academic Department Scholarships - some SAC academic departments also administer their own scholarship programs and therefore have separate applications.
Check with the department of your major to learn of scholarships you may be eligible for and to obtain an application. (Click here for a list of some of the awarding departments.)
External Scholarships - these are Non-Alamo Colleges District scholarships which are available to students attending any college.
External scholarships information can be found through local, state, or nationwide searches.
State & National scholarship search sites links: SallieMae Fund, U.S. Dept. of Education, TEXAS.GOV Educational Opportunities, Minnie Stevens Piper Foundation, TEXAS.GOV Aid Alphabetical List, TEXAS.GOV Ways to Afford College
Irene C. Fuentes
Chance Academic Center (CAC) Room 014
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Please call for an appointment