Integrated Reading and Writing Center
Watch the video for a demonstration of how to schedule and cancel an appointment through AlamoNAVIGATE
INRW Tutoring Schedule
Make your own appointment in ACES with Navigate. If you need immediate assistance during hours of operation, call 210-486-1616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
INRW Workshop Schedule - Spring 2022
All INRW workshops in January will be offered remotely via Zoom.
INRW Workshop Zoom Room ID 964 4012 7702
To attend an INRW workshop, students should go to the INRW Workshop Zoom Room at the time indicated. No appointment necessary, but workshops are capped at 6 students and closed after 15 minutes.
INRW workshops are interactive, and students need to be at a computer that has a camera and microphone in order to participate. Phones are not functional as students cannot download activities. Students who are unable to participate fully in remote sessions will be removed.
The primary mission of the INRW Center at San Antonio College is to help students develop the reading and writing skills that will enable them to be successful in college-level courses. We specifically provide academic support for students taking the standalone INRW 0420 course and the INRW 0100 and 0201 courses that are linked to ENGL 1301. Academic support is also available to any SAC student requiring reinforcement and review of college-level reading and writing skills.
We are located in GH 118 and GH 122. Students can call 210-486-1616 to set up tutoring appointments or to get more information about our services.
Regular Semester Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8 am - 4 pm F2F & Remote
Fridays: 10 am - 4pm Remote only
INRW Center Services
- Tutoring sessions run 30-45 minutes.
- Our tutors provide instructional and informative guidance during all stages of the reading and writing processes. Students should print out and bring in assignment sheets and completed work that is to be reviewed. Tutoring sessions can also be scheduled to review workshop topics.
- Scheduled tutoring sessions are highly recommended as walk-ins are accepted only if a tutor is available. Appointments may also be rescheduled if students are more than ten minutes late.
- Workshops run 40-50 minutes.
- INRW Workshops focus on foundational college reading and writing skills, and topics range from basic syntax to MLA documentation.
- A monthly calendar of topics and times is available at the front desk and also on Instagram and Twitter: inrwcentersac.
- Workshops are capped at 6 students and closed after 15 minutes, so arrive early.
- INRW Workshop List
Open Study Space
- The INRW Center contains a computer lab and a study area that are open to all SAC students.
- Printing is available with online GoPrint accounts.
- Some course texbooks are also available for use in the center.
Last Updated: January 19, 2022
Front Desk Phone:
Gonzales Hall (GH) 118 & 122
F2F & Remote
Yon Hui Bell
Phone: (210) 486-0697