Community Labs and City of San Antonio Consolidate Public COVID-19 Testing Sites
February 24, 2022
As public demand for COVID-19 testing has decreased, the City of San Antonio and Community Labs have decided to close four public testing sites and continue to provide free, PCR COVID-19 tests at three other locations. Community testing site located on the St. Philip’s College Martin Luther King Campus in the Center for Learning Resources (CLR) Building will close after 6 p.m. on Thursday, February, 24. The complete list of sites that will close on Thursday are:
- Copernicus Community Center, 5003 Lord Rd., 78220
- Yates Community Center, 568 Rasa Drive, 78227
- St. Philip’s College, (CLR), 1801 Martin Luther King Drive, 78203
- Melendrez Community Center, 5919 W. Commerce St., 78237
COVID-19 screening remains mandatory for all Alamo Colleges District employees on a weekly basis. St. Philip’s College has five COVID-19 Screening sites available to employees and students. Four sites are open 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and one site is open Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. (excluding holidays and campus closures).
- Applied Science Building (ASB) Monday-Friday
- Center for Health Professions (CHP) Monday-Friday
- Sutton Learning Center (SLC) Monday-Friday
- SWC – Building 1 (ITC) Monday-Friday
- ◦William C. Davis Science Building (SCI) Saturday Only
COVID-19 Screening (a.k.a. testing) tells you if you are infected with COVID-19. COVID-19 Screening is one of many risk-reduction measures, along with vaccination, masking, and physical distancing, that protect you and others by reducing the chances of spreading COVID-19.