To inspire, empower, and educate our community for leadership and success.
The Alamo Colleges will be the best in the nation in Student Success and Performance Excellence.
The members of Alamo Colleges are committed to building individual and collective character through the following set of shared values in order to fulfill our vision and mission.
Palo Alto College is dedicated to promoting a college-going culture for the community it serves by engaging and educating community members and creating access to teaching and learning resources.
Increase success rates in existing community programs
Increase access to teaching and learning resources for the community
Promote the college-going culture in the community
Palo Alto College strives to maintain a culture that promotes professional growth, clear and transparent communication, and cross-college collaboration.
- Sustain an organizational culture that supports and encourages equitable professional growth in alignment with the College’s mission
- Nourish and strengthen a culture of inclusiveness through clear and efficient communication
- Foster an environment of shared contribution and collaborative effort in which innovation is encouraged
Palo Alto College is dedicated to maximizing existing resources, diversifying funding streams, establishing new partnerships, and enhancing our infrastructure to support the community.
- Develop a Palo Alto College budget model that is driven by a measurable, multi-year, planning process that includes a focus on enrollment, contact hours, and strategic fiscal stewardship
- Secure alternative funding sources to aid in supplementing institutional activities and supporting growth
- Develop and sustain mutually beneficial partnerships with industry, government, and non-profit sectors
- Strengthen infrastructure by applying strategic budgeting principles to fund technology priorities and innovations, and minimize facilities’ deferred maintenance costs
Palo Alto College is committed to empowering students to explore educational opportunities, identify career and transfer pathways, and discover high-wage, high-demand careers. Palo Alto College meets students where they are by providing tools and strategies to address students’ unique interests and to help them succeed academically and professionally.
Increase student completion
Increase opportunities for students to explore careers pathways
Increase student transfer outcomes and improve workforce outcomes
Close equity gaps across student sub-populations
Increase student proficiency in learning outcomes