Alamo Gives Back – Employee Giving 2021
More than Giving. Giving Back.
|Thank you for your support of Alamo GIVES BACK, the Alamo Colleges employee giving campaign. Last year, we raised a record-breaking $281,940 for our students and community! Through our collective impact, 100% of the funds raised directly supported students through the Alamo Colleges Foundation or members of our community through United Way partner agencies and the Arts Fund.
While 2020 posed many challenges, our community is still continuing to heal from the economic fallout of the pandemic and issues concerning social equity and difficulty accessing resources. Join us as we encourage everyone to give back what they can, and help us to be a majority-donor workplace once again. Your gift will go a long way in improving lives right here in San Antonio and Bexar County.
Many Ways to Give Back to our Students and Community
By giving a gift today, you’ll be creating opportunities for local community members that otherwise may not exist. Alamo GIVES BACK allows you to contribute to three essential causes that improve the quality of life throughout our community:
Log on via your ACES Account to Give Back
Campaign Dates: August 16 - October 31, 2021
Once you log in to your ACES account, go to the “Employee” tab and click on the image for Alamo GIVES BACK to log in via the pledge portal.
Questions? Contact an Employee Giving Campaign Lead!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or message your college campaign lead for employee giving.
NVC – Lisa McGoldrick (email@example.com)
PAC – Gaston Cantu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
SPC – Bryan Chase (email@example.com)
Employee Giving FAQs
The Campaign, now called Alamo GIVES BACK, invites all Alamo Colleges employees to consider an annual philanthropic gift to support our students, programs, and the local community we serve. Giving is a personal decision and participation is voluntary.
Each fall, Alamo GIVES BACK begins with Convocation and lasts for several weeks. For 2021, the campaign timeline is August 16 – October 29.
There are three main areas of support:
- Student scholarships, student advocacy centers, college programs, AlamoPROMISE and emergency assistance through the Alamo Colleges Foundation. There are dozens of funds to choose from, including districtwide and college-specific options.
- Vital services to San Antonio and Bexar County’s families, children, students, and individuals through United Way impact and community partner agencies. There are over 60 partner agencies.
- Arts education and arts-focused learning opportunities through The Arts Fund.
Visit alamo.edu/alamogivesback to download the PDF of all giving options. You can also find the name and contact information for the campaign lead(s) at your campus or through the Alamo Colleges Foundation.
Yes! All gifts received in the Employee Giving Campaign support local cause(s) and people in our community.
100% of your gift goes directly to the cause(s) you select!
While there are many important charities, the options selected for the Employee Giving Campaign align closely with the mission of the Alamo Colleges District—to “empower our diverse communities for success.” These options are focused on education and a fostering sustainable quality of life for all within our community.
Gifts may be made in one of four ways. To download a pledge form, visit alamo.edu/alamogivesback.
- Cash – submit with a pledge form and give directly to a campaign lead at your campus
- Check – submit with a pledge form and give to a campaign lead or mail the check and form to the Alamo Colleges Foundation (address on form)
- Credit card – log in to United Way’s giving portal (accessible via ACES - Employee Tab)
- Payroll deduction (PRD) – Complete a pledge form or by log in to United Way’s giving portal (accessible via ACES - Employee Tab) to customize the amount, designation and frequency for your gift.
We partner each year with United Way, who serves as the clearinghouse to streamline the campaign. 100% of each gift is designated per the donor’s intent.
Over 75% of Alamo Colleges employees choose PRD each year as the simplest way to give. PRD gifts are processed starting with the employee’s first paycheck in January 2022. You may select anywhere between 1-24 pay periods. Deductions are made in order, so if you select 12 pay periods, it will be the first 12 pay periods of the year, not one deduction per month.
PRD gifts occur after-tax, as federal law does not allow for charitable donations through payroll deduction to be processed pre-tax.
Donations to the Employee Giving Campaign are tax-deductible as allowed by current IRS regulations. Please consult with your tax advisor for information relevant to your personal tax situation.
No. If you gave last year, your gift is not automatically renewed through the campaign. Each employee has the opportunity to opt-in by choice each year.