Alamo Gives Back – Employee Giving 2022
More than Giving. Giving Back.
|Thank you for your support of Alamo GIVES BACK, the Alamo Colleges employee giving campaign. Last year, we raised a record-breaking $346,000 for our students and community and renewed our status as a majority donor workplace! Through our collective impact, 100% of the funds raised directly supported students through the Alamo Colleges Foundation or members of our community through United Way partner agencies.|
Many Ways to Support our Students and Community
By giving a gift today, you’ll be creating opportunities for local community members that otherwise may not exist. Alamo GIVES BACK allows you to contribute to essential causes that improve the quality of life throughout our community:
Choose How You Want to Pledge
Giving Opens: August 15
Employee Giving FAQs
The Campaign, now called Alamo GIVES BACK, invites all Alamo Colleges employees to consider an annual philanthropic gift to support our students, programs, and the local community we serve. Giving is a personal decision and participation is voluntary.
Each fall, Alamo GIVES BACK begins with Convocation when the pledge portal is open and you can give at any time. For 2022, the primaty campaign timeline is October 1 - 31.
Employees can choose from hundreds of giving options the support our students and local community within two main areas of support:
- Student scholarships, student advocacy centers, college programs, AlamoPROMISE and emergency assistance through the Alamo Colleges Foundation. There are dozens of funds to choose from, including districtwide and college-specific options.
- Vital services to San Antonio and Bexar County’s families, children, students, and individuals through United Way impact and community partner agencies. There are over 60 impact partner agencies.
Visit alamo.edu/alamogivesback to download the PDF of all giving options. You can also find the name and contact information for the campaign lead(s) at your campus or through the Alamo Colleges Foundation. Contact us directly at email@example.com if you have any questions. We're here to help!
Yes! All gifts received in the Employee Giving Campaign support local cause(s) and people in our community.
100% of your gift goes directly to the cause(s) you select!
While there are many important charities, the options selected for the Employee Giving Campaign align closely with the mission of the Alamo Colleges District—to “empower our diverse communities for success.” These options are focused on education and a fostering sustainable quality of life for all within our community.
Gifts may be made in one of four ways. To download a pledge form, visit alamo.edu/alamogivesback.
- Payroll deduction (PRD) MOST POPULAR – Complete a pledge form or by log in to United Way’s giving portal (accessible via ACES - Employee Tab) to customize the amount, designation and frequency for your gift. Over 75% of employees use PRD to make their pledge.
- Credit card – log in to United Way’s giving portal (accessible via ACES - Employee Tab)
- Cash – submit with a pledge form and give directly to a campaign lead at your campus
- Check – submit with a pledge form and give to a campaign lead or mail the check and form to the Alamo Colleges Foundation (address on form)
We partner each year with United Way, who serves as the clearinghouse to streamline the campaign. 100% of each gift is designated per the donor’s intent.
Over 75% of Alamo Colleges employees choose PRD each year as the simplest way to give. PRD gifts are processed starting with the employee’s first paycheck in January 2022. You may select anywhere between 1-24 pay periods. Deductions are made in order, so if you select 12 pay periods, it will be the first 12 pay periods of the year, not one deduction per month.
PRD gifts occur after-tax. Federal law does not allow for charitable donations through payroll deduction to be processed pre-tax.
Donations to the Employee Giving Campaign are tax-deductible as allowed by current IRS regulations. Please consult with your tax advisor for information relevant to your personal tax situation.
No. If you gave last year, your gift is not automatically renewed through the campaign. Each employee has the opportunity to opt-in by choice each year.