The following items should be checked or completed prior to attempting to access ACES and AlamoENROLL Go FAARR and Test Prep modules. Administrator rights to the computer(s) being used will be required.
The latest version of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the recommended browsers to work best when completing AlamoENROLL modules. Whichever browser you choose, we highly recommend updating to the latest version.
Make sure Flash 10 or higher is installed. To download Flash:
- Go to www.adobe.com
- Go to Downloads and select Flash Player
- Follow the instructions to install Flash Player
Disable Pop Blockers
The Go FAARR and Test Prep modules are considered “pop-ups” by whichever browser you are using. If you have a pop-up blocker enabled in that browser, the modules will not open. Make sure pop blockers are disabled.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click the 3 dots and select Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Content settings.
- Click Popups.
- At the top, change the setting to Allowed.
- On your computer, open Firefox.
- Click on the menu button.
- Click on Options.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel.
- Under the Permissions section, uncheck the box next to the Block pop-ups window to disable the pop-up blocker.
- On your computer, open Internet Explorer 11.
- Select the Tools button.
- Select Internet options.
- On the Privacy tab, under Pop-up Blocker, select or clear the Turn on Pop-up Blocker check box, and then select OK
- On your computer, open Safari.
- Click the menu button.
- Choose Preferences when the drop-down menu appears.
- Click the Security tab.
- In the Web Content section, select the check box next to the option call Block pop-up windows.
Third-party toolbars such as Google Toolbar or Yahoo Toolbar also contain pop-up blockers and will need to be uninstalled or disabled. Toolbars normally appear at the top of your browser window.
Trusted Sites in Internet Explorer
If the security level in Internet Explorer is set to high it may need to be lowered and ACES may need to be added to the trusted sites.
How to lower security level and add trusted site in Internet Explorer
- In Internet Explorer, go to the Tools Menu
- Select Internet Options
- Click the Security Tab
- Select Internet icon
- If the Security levels for this zone are set to High, click and drag the scroll bar down to Medium-high
- Click Apply
- Click on the Trusted sites icon
- Click on Sites
- Type aces.alamo.edu and click Add
- Click Close
- Click Apply and OK
Network Firewall Settings
If accessing ACES and Alamo ENROLL Modules from another institution, please consult with your local IT Network Administrators to ensure these ports are allowed through any network firewalls. If firewalls are blocking any of the ports below, students may experience server time out errors.
- Port 4445 needs to be open for access to the Alamo Colleges self-service system within ACES. Self-service is used by students to look up Banner IDs, ACES Usernames, Email passwords and other personal information.
- Port 8444 needs to be open for access to the central authentication system used by Instructure Canvas. Instructure Canvas is the learning management system which hosts Alamo Colleges’ online courses and the Go FAARR and Test Prep Modules.
For further questions, please contact Alamo Colleges Support Central at 210-485-0555.