General Election Information
|Internet Posting Requirements by Political Subdivision (PDF)||Trustee Appointment/
Elected Dates (PDF)
General Election Information
May 7, 2022
Commencing on January 19, 2022, the Alamo Community College District will accept applications for a place on the ballot for the Uniform General Election of trustees for single-member districts one (1), two (2), and three (3). The terms for districts one (1), two (2), and three (3) are for six years and will expire in 2028.
Applications for a place on the ballot for the Uniform General Election must be filed with the Secretary of the Board at the Office of the Chancellor/Board Liaison, 2222 N. Alamo, San Antonio, Texas 78215. Sandra Torres, College District Board Liaison/Elections Administrator, will accept the applications on behalf of the Secretary to the Board. Applications for a place on the ballot must be signed before a notary and dated before filing and must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the deadline date of February 18, 2022. Applications may be filed by submitting by mail or in person at the above address, by fax at 210-486-9863, or by email at email@example.com.
Eligibility for Trustee Position
Per Chapter 141 of the Texas Election Code, to be eligible to be a candidate for a Trustee position, a person must:
(1) be a United States citizen;
(2) be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election;
(3) have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be: (a) totally mentally incapacitated; or (b) partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
(4) have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
(5) have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate’s application for a place on the ballot;
(6) on the date described by (5) above, be registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected; and
(7) satisfy any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office.
The Texas Education Code requires that each candidate for trustee be a qualified voter and resident of the District to which election is sought at the time of application.
Below are candidate forms for your submission. You may also obtain a hard copy at Alamo Colleges District, 2222 N. Alamo, San Antonio, Texas 78215; Office of the Chancellor/Board Liaison-Elections Administrator.
Should you have any questions or require additional information, you may contact our office at 210-485-0030, the Office of the Secretary of State at 1-800-252-8683 or the Texas Ethics Commission 1-800-325-8506. The following are available on this website:
|Notice of Deadlines to File Applications for Place on Ballot||Notice of Drawing for Place on Ballot|
Orders will be forthcoming.
Forms & Guides
- Important Candidate Information (including a Calendar of Events and Eligibility)
- Copy of Notice of Deadlines to File Applications for Place on Ballot
- Notice of Drawing for Place on Ballot
- Application for a Place on the ACCD Board of Trustees’ General Election Ballot (Required)
- Application for a Place on the ACCD Board of Trustees’ General Election Ballot Form Notes
- Appointment of Campaign Treasurer by a Candidate-Form CTA; (Required)
- Appointment of Campaign Treasurer by a Candidate-Form CTA Instruction Guide
- Amendment: Appointment of Campaign Treasurer by a Candidate-Form CTA
- Amendment: Appointment of Campaign Treasurer by a Candidate-Form ACTA Instruction Guide
- Guide to a Local Filing Authority’s Duties Under the Campaign Finance Law – Texas Ethics Commission
- A Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report–Form C/OH- Texas Ethics Commission
- A Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report-Form C/OH Instruction Guide, Texas Ethics Commission
- Correction/Amendment Affidavit for Candidate/Office Holder – Form COR-C/OH - Texas Ethics Commission
- A Declaration of Write-In Candidacy Form and Instruction Guide
- Code of Fair Campaign Practices - Form CFCP - Texas Ethics Commission
- Political Advertising Memo - Texas Ethics Commission
- Texas Ethics Commission 2021 Filing Schedule
- Texas Ethics Commission 2022 Filing Schedule
- Texas Transportation Dept. Rules for Posting Signs
|District 1||District 2||District 3|
|District 4||District 5||District 6|
|District 7||District 8||District 9|
Alamo Colleges Information
|Alamo Colleges District Homepage||Strategic Plan Site|