Prospective Partner Information
Through the Public Fellows (PF) Employment Program, Alamo Colleges partners with Veteran-Owned businesses to provide spring and summer 2022 enrolled students with opportunities to work in a real-world environment. The PF jobs students take must be related to the student’s field of study. Eligible students work with a partnering employer, and Alamo Colleges pays the student wages through private gift funds received by the Alamo Colleges District.
Partnering employers determine the position(s) offered, the number of positions they seek to fill, and the number of hours a student will work per week (between 10 and 15) for up to a total of 180 hours. Employers receive student cover letters and resumes to determine whether to offer an interview to student applicants. Employers are required to accommodate students’ academic schedules and activities.
Eligible partners may interview and hire students in the following fields of study:
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- Advanced Manufacturing & Logistics (including Industrial Trades)
- Health & Biosciences
- Creative & Communication Arts
- Business & Entrepreneurship
- Public Services
For a complete list of majors, visit PF Majors.
- Attend a PF Prospective Partner Briefing (see dates below of upcoming sessions)
- Complete a PF Partner Agreement
- Post position(s) on the Alamo Colleges job bank
- Receive student resumes and cover letters
- Interview candidates; Make job offers
- Submit employed PF employee time sheets in a timely manner
- Promotes available positions to eligible students
- Refers students for employment consideration
- Conducts basic criminal background checks
- Manages HR process and issues payroll
- Funds 100% of student wages through private funding
Ready to Learn More?
Register to attend a one-hour required webinar to learn about becoming a partner.
Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 1:00 pm
Contact Us Today!