NVC Adjunct Senate
About the Adjunct Senate
Adjunct faculty comprise about 64% of the faculty teaching force at NVC. English Department adjunct faculty Kazia Estrada and Laura Petersen founded the NVC Adjunct Senate in 2018 to highlight adjunct voices and provide a forum through which adjunct faculty concerns could inform recommendations to college and district bodies.
All part-time and full-time adjunct faculty and Continuing Education adjunct faculty employed at Northwest Vista College are invited to join the Adjunct Senate as we work toward the following common goals:
- Increase the visibility and participation of the NVC adjunct faculty in the college community.
- Encourage activities which support adjunct faculty interaction.
- Promote professional development and interaction with the full time faculty.
- Provide a voice for adjunct faculty on issues affecting the community of students, faculty, administration, and classified staff.
- Pursue fair, equitable working conditions and pay for adjunct faculty.
The Adjunct Senate meets the third Monday of each month at 5:30 pm during long semesters via Zoom until further notice. Stay updated on events and meetings through the Adjunct Senate Canvas page.
All current NVC adjuncts are invited to join the Canvas NVC Adjunct Community site. Members can also click "Courses", in the left, gray menu, then "All Courses" at the bottom, and search for "NVC Adjunct Community". If you do not see the course, click "Dashboard" in the left, gray menu and accept the pending invitation at the top of the page. If you do not have an invitation, please contact any Adjunct Senate member for assistance.
New members may contact Samantha Raymond (email@example.com) to request a Canvas invitation.
Current NVC Adjunct Senate Officers:
Laura Petersen, English
Veronica Luna, Student Development
Vice-Chair and Digital Media Representative:
Desiree Schanding, Fine Arts
Mark Camann, Music
Adjunct Senate Co-Founder and NVC Faculty Fellow:
Kazia Estrada, English