In response to COVID-19, Northwest Vista College is providing remote services to students. Please do not come to campus. NVC employees are answering questions and providing all services remotely.
Fall 2021 Hours:
READINESS CENTER WILL BE CLOSED FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2021.
SORRY FOR ANY CONVENIENCE.
Monday-Wednesday: 9:00am-4:30 pm
Every First Saturday of the month:
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
For more information on COVID-19, click here
What is a Refresher Course?
The Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSIA) is used to determine if students are college ready to enroll in college-level courses in English and Mathematics. Students who do not place at college level in Math and/or English & Reading will proceed to take a 4-day Refresher Course, for which there is no cost to the students.
The purpose of the Refresher Course(s) is to offer students another opportunity to test into a higher level English or Mathematics class than their placement from the score on the TSIA exam.
About the Course
The Refresher Course(s) need to be taken only once.
- The Math Refresher course is 16 hours
- The Integrated Reading and Writing (INRW) Refresher course is 8 hours (No INRW available at the moment. Students will be placed in an English course based on their TSI Scores.)
- These courses are offered before the start of each semester and run at various times
For more information, please email The Readiness Center at email@example.com
- To be enrolled in The Refresher Course(s), students must click on the "Join Chat" button above
- The process takes about 45 minutes
- After completing the Refresher(s), students must participate in the college’s New Student Orientation and register for classes