If you need to register for a Refresher Course, Northwest Vista College is providing Zoom and On-Campus Refresher Course Registration services during the times below.
Spring 2023 Hours are as follows:
Tuesday and Wednesday 9am-12pm Via-Zoom (Click Readiness Center link below)
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 2pm-4:30pm (In-Person please visit below)
Readiness Center in
Desert Willow Advising Center (DWWC), RM. 202, 2nd Floor
Juneteenth Holiday - College Closed Monday, June 19
Independence Day Holiday-College Closed Tuesday, July 4
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
What is a Refresher Course?
The Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSIA) is used to determine if students are college ready to enroll in college-level courses in English and Mathematics. Students who do not place at college level in Math and/or English & Reading will proceed to take a 4-day Refresher Course, for which there is no cost to the students.
The purpose of the Math Refresher Course(s) is to offer students another opportunity to test into a higher level English or Mathematics class than their placement from the score on the TSIA exam.
About the Course
The Math Refresher Course(s) need to be taken only once.
- The Math Refresher course is 16 hours
- The Integrated Reading and Writing (INRW) Refresher course is 8 hours (No INRW available at the moment. Students will be placed in an English course based on their TSI Scores or an English Assessment.)
- These courses are offered before the start of each semester and run at various times
For more information, please email The Readiness Center at email@example.com
- To be enrolled in The Refresher Course(s), students must visit the Readiness Center in the Dessert Willow Advising Center, Room 202
- The process takes about 45 minutes. Please allow yourself enough registration time prior to closing times
- After completing the Refresher(s), students must participate in the college’s New Student Orientation and register for classes