Concurrent or Transient International Student with an Active F1 Visa
How to Apply
Step 1: International Student Application
- Download and print application. Your application must be completed, signed and returned along with all required/requested information.
- Mail all original documents to: Northwest Vista College, International Student Services, Desert Willow Welcome Center Rm 202, 3535 N. Ellison Dr, San Antonio, TX 78251
Step 2: Apply to Northwest Vista College
- Apply to Northwest Vista College online at https://goapplytexas.org/.
- Click here for instructions on how to apply online.
Step 3: Official Academic Records (college)
All students will need to submit a transcript of the last school attended.
- Submit an official copy of your college transcripts.
- If the high school or college is not a U.S. school then you will need to have your transcript translated and evaluated.
- Translation and Evaluation companies may be found at http://www.naces.org/members.html
- Northwest Vista College will only accept translated and evaluated copies from the above mentioned web site.
- All transcripts received must be in their original envelope and sealed, no open documents will be accepted.
Step 4: Parent Letter and other immigration documents
- Concurrent and/or Transient students must provide a letter from their primary institution International student office stating it is okay for him/her to attend another college. The letter must state what classes the student is permitted to take at the secondary school.
- A copy of Passport
- A copy of F-1 Visa
- A copy of I-94
- A current copy of I-20
Academic Advising Services/International Student Services are located in Desert Willow Welcome Center (DWWC) Rm 202R. Please visit the Advising Services Check-in Window for assistance.
Advising Services are offered all year. Please plan your advising session to avoid the peak periods and extended wait times.
Students are seen by Advisors on an appointment basis.
Drop-In International Student Services are available either in person or via Zoom:
Wednesdays 2:00pm-6:00pm CST
International Student Services will be available via zoom ONLY on Wednesday, June 29th and Wednesday July 6th. There will not be in person drop ins available those days.
To visit with an International Student Services Advisor in person, please visit Desert Willow Welcome Center (DWWC) Room 202R (2nd floor).
To visit with an International Student Services Advisor remotely, please select one of the options below:
+1 346 248 7799 and enter Meeting ID: 388 369 803
NOTE: Sign-in will close when International Student Services have met maximum capacity (sessions are full for the day).
Northwest Vista College will be closed on Monday, July 4th for The Fourth of July Holiday.