Concurrent or Transient International Student with an Active F1 Visa
How to Apply
Step 1: International Student Application
- Download and print application. Your application must be completed, signed and returned along with all required/requested information.
- Mail all original documents to: Northwest Vista College, International Student Services, Cypress Campus Center, 3535 N. Ellison Dr, San Antonio, TX 78251
Step 2: Apply to Northwest Vista College
- Apply to Northwest Vista College online at www.applytexas.org
- Click here for instructions on how to apply online.
Step 3: Official Academic Records (college)
All students will need to submit a transcript of the last school attended.
- Submit an official copy of your college transcripts.
- If the high school or college is not a U.S. school then you will need to have your transcript translated and evaluated.
- Translation and Evaluation companies may be found at http://www.naces.org/members.html
- Northwest Vista College will only accept translated and evaluated copies from the above mentioned web site.
- All transcripts received must be in their original envelope and sealed, no open documents will be accepted.
Step 4: Parent Letter and other immigration documents
- Concurrent and/or Transient students must provide a letter from their primary institution International student office stating it is okay for him/her to attend another college. The letter must state what classes the student is permitted to take at the secondary school.
- A copy of Passport
- A copy of F-1 Visa
- A copy of I-94
- A current copy of I-20
Classes and college services offered remotely for all fall terms. Campuses are closed. See alamo.edu/coronavirus for updates and resources.
The Academic Advising Services are located in Cypress Campus Center (CCC) first floor hallway, directly past Student Financial Services. Please visit the Advising Services Check-in Window for assistance.
Advising Services are offered all year. Please plan your advising session to avoid the peak periods and extended wait times.
Students are seen by Advisors on an appointment basis.
Drop-In International Student Services are available:
Tuesdays 1:00pm-4:00pm CST
Due to COVID-19, International Student Services will be providing Drop-In Services via zoom.
To visit with an International Student Services advisor remotely, please select one of the options below:
+1 346 248 7799 and enter Meeting ID: 388 369 803
NOTE: Sign-in will close when Advising Services have met maximum capacity (sessions are full for the day).
|Monday||8am - 5pm|
|Tuesday||8am - 5pm|
|Wednesday||8am - 5pm|
|Thursday||8am - 5pm|
|Friday||1pm - 5pm|
NVC will be closed Monday, September 7th for Labor Day.
Classes and college services offered remotely for all summer terms. Campuses are closed. See alamo.edu/coronavirus for updates and resources.