One or more of these programs are approved Ready to Work programs. Find out if you’re eligible to receive free tuition and job placement services that will enable you to secure an in-demand career.
What is the Accounting Technology program?
The Accounting Technology program is part of the Administration Computer Technology (ACT) department which prepares students for entry level and mid-level accounting positions.
What will I learn?
The successful student will develop competency in bookkeeping (sole proprietorship, partnership, and corporation), handling the major accounting functions in the accounting department of a large firm and performing the duties of an accounting department of a large firm and performing the duties of an accounting technician/junior accountant. Skills developed include performing accounting functions manually and on the computer and working with accounting, spreadsheet, and database software.
Last updated 5/18/2021
What can I do with this course of study?
You can become an accounting technician or a junior accountant.
What's special about our program?
The ACT Department offers short-term marketable skills, Level I, and Level II certificates which serve as the foundation for Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degrees.
- Accounting Technology, Associate of Applied Science
- Accounting Technician, Level I Certificate♦
- Accounting Computer Applications, Occupational Skills Award♦
- Quickbooks, Occupational Skills Certificate♦
- Payroll Specialist, Certificate Level 1
- Tax Preparer Specialist, Occupational Skills Certificate
- Tax Specialist Enrolled Agent, Enhanced Skills Certificate♦
♦ This symbol indicates the offering is also available fully online.