Group Advising & New Student Orientation
Welcome to San Antonio College!
Group Advising & New Student Orientation are mandatory requirements for the following:
- First Time In-College Students
- Transfer Students with less than 7 earned credit hours
- Returning Students who only completed dual credit courses
Note: Returning/Former, Transfer with more than 7 credit hours and Transient students are not required to go through group advising or orientation.
You must attend a Group Advising session for registration. During your advising session, you will register for classes.
To RSVP for a Group Advising session, please contact your assigned Certified Enrollment Coach, or email email@example.com. Before you RSVP to a session, the following enrollment steps (Enrollment Checklist) must be completed:
- Submit ALL official transcripts (High School, GED, Home School, College)
- Submit proof of Bacterial Meningitis vaccination (if under the age of 22)
- TSI placement exam (for exemptions please click here)
- Go FAAR and Test Prep Modules in ACES (contact the IT Helpdesk for ACES assistance: (210) 486-0777 (Option 6))
After you RSVP, to a group advising session:
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email provided
- For group advising questions or concerns email firstname.lastname@example.org
You must attend a New Student Orientation (NSO). Prior to NSO you must have attended a group advising session and must be registered for classes.
NSO is an informative presentation that welcomes students attending San Antonio College for the first time. NSO includes:
- Campus Tour (Find your classes!!)
- Campus Resources/Services Presentation
- Breakout Sessions
- Fun Activities/Giveaways
Note: SAC NSO is available only to students attending San Antonio College. For questions, email email@example.com