The AlamoPROMISE eliminates financial barriers to higher education, making a college degree a reality.
What is AlamoPROMISE?
AlamoPROMISE covers tuition and required fees for current academic year graduates from participating high schools seeking an academic certificate or associate degree at one of the five Alamo Colleges: Northeast Lakeview College, Northwest Vista College, Palo Alto College, San Antonio College, and St. Philip's College.
As AlamoPROMISE Scholars, students meeting eligibility criteria receive a "last-dollar" scholarship for up to three years or the completion of an associate degree or academic certificate, whichever comes first. The "last-dollar" scholarship funds the cost of tuition and required fees after financial aid awards are applied.
How to Become a Promise Scholar
- Complete your admission application on ApplyTexas and submit your application online to one of the Alamo Colleges: Northeast Lakeview, Northwest Vista, Palo Alto, St. Philip's, or San Antonio College.
- Complete your financial aid application through FAFSA or TASFA and complete any requirements to issue your financial aid award.
- Enroll in classes for Fall. Complete your enrollment steps, attend New Student Orientation, and register for classes in the Fall after graduation.
Priority Guarantee Date: Feb. 28, 2024, to start in Fall 2024
- Eligible graduates from the class of 2024 should submit their admissions and financial aid application by the priority guarantee date to be considered for AlamoPROMISE.
- Applications submitted after this date will be considered on a space-available basis.
For more information about the AlamoPROMISE program and a full list of participating high schools Click here
(Interested, but not sure if you want to apply? Save your Seat to get more information)