Welcome to the Northeast Lakeview College Scholarship Office
Final Deadline: Sunday, September 6, 2020 (11:59 pm)
Your application will be considered for ALL available scholarships offered at NLC through the Alamo Colleges District Foundation for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters.
Only one application is needed per academic year.
General Eligibility Requirements
You should apply if:
- You are enrolled full time (12+ hours) or part-time (6-11 hours).
- You are pursuing an Associate Degree, Certificate of Completion, or transfer program at NLC.
- You have and will maintain at least a 2.00 GPA (High School 60+ average).
- You have and will maintain satisfactory academic progress as required by Student Financial Services. (more info).
- You are not related to any of the Alamo Colleges District Board of Trustees and/or Alamo Colleges Foundation Board Members. (more info).
STEP 1 – PERSONAL INFORMATION – If questions do not apply, indicate by entering N/A.
STEP 2 – ADDITIONAL INFORMATION – If you are unsure of your actual GPA enter approximate. (We will confirm before an award is offered.)
STEP 3 – PLANS & QUESTIONS – Be sure to answer ALL questions. Do not underestimate the question on volunteering & community service. You may INCLUDE ANY HONORS, AWARDS, AND RECOGNITIONS you have received. Volunteer hours at CHURCHES and STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS may be included.
STEP 4 – ESSAY – Be sure to proofread and/or have a friend or family member review your essay. Refer to the next tab. (“The Essay Prompt”)
STEP 5 – CERTIFICATION & AUTHORIZATION – Sign and submit your application.
STEP 6 – CONFIRMATION – Please keep the confirmation number provided for your records. Consider saving a copy of the application for your records.
Once you have submitted your application:
- If you haven’t already done so, complete the FAFSA.
- If required, provide any additional documents.
- If requested, follow up with other schools to ensure that your transcripts have been forwarded.
YOU’RE ALL DONE!
If you are selected to receive a scholarship you will be notified via email.
On the scholarship application, you are asked to respond to the following prompt:
- Explain how your life experiences prompted you to pursue a higher education AND from a financial standpoint, explain how a scholarship will help you achieve your educational, career and life goals.
- Do not underestimate the importance of the essay. This is where the reviewers get to know you.
- The word limit is 300 words—use ALL of the words available to you.
- Think about your responses to the prompts.
- Organize your thoughts and jot down an outline and/or draft before you begin to write.
- Write your response to the essay in Word before beginning the application.
- Ensure you are answering the questions being asked.
- Answer in complete sentences and use proper grammar.
- Elaborate, give details and engage the reader.
- Spend time editing and re-editing your draft.
- Have a friend or family member review your responses.
- Consider using the services of the tutoring center on campus.
- English instructors are also good resources.
- When you are satisfied with your response, complete the application and cut and paste your essay response.
DISCLAIMER: The resources provided in this section are for informational purposes only. They are merely additional resources for students to consider when searching for scholarships. The Alamo Colleges and Northeast Lakeview College does not advocate for or support any particular agency. Students should contact the external organization offering these scholarships directly with questions and/or to submit applications.
Minnie Stevens Piper Foundation
HostingAdvice.com Future Web Developers Annual Scholarship
September 30, 2020
Lalande Bi-annual Academic Scholarship
October 1, 2020
Textbook Nova 2020 Scholarship
August 1, 2020