The following non-U.S. citizens are eligible to establish and maintain a domicile in this state for the purposes of subsection (a)(2) or (3) under the Determination of Residency.
- A Permanent Resident: a student will need to submit an up-to-date copy of their Resident Card (I-551).
- A person who is eligible for permanent resident status: A person who has filed an I-485 application for permanent residency and has been issued a fee/filing receipt or notice of action by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) showing that his or her I-485 has been reviewed and has not been rejected. Students should submit their latest I-797 form.
- An eligible nonimmigrant who holds one of the types of visas posted on the Coordinating Board’s web site. Students will need to submit copies of their passport, visa, I-94, and other documents as requested.
- A person classified by the USCIS as a Refugee, Asylee, Parolee, Conditional Permanent Resident, or Temporary Resident
- Nonimmigrants (including undocumented citizens) may claim residency to Texas if they meet the following conditions:
- Graduated or will graduate from a Texas high school or receive their GED certificate in Texas.
- Resided in Texas for three years leading up to graduation from high school or received my GED certificate in Texas.
- Resided or will have resided in Texas for the 12 months prior the census date of the semester in which he/she will enroll.
- Has filed or will file an application to become a permanent resident at the earliest opportunity that he/she is eligible to do so.
- Students in this category must complete an Affidavit.
Location: Student Commons Bldg (STCM 101)
Phone: 210-212-5266 (21ALAMO)
Fax: 210-486-9178(Admissions Fax)
On-Campus Drop-In Hours
Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday 8:00 am –5:00 pm
(final student check-in at 4:30 pm)
Thursday 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
(final student check-in at 6:30 pm)
Weekend Hours: (Remote Only)
8:00 am-5:00 pm, last student at 4:30 pm.
Please join us in virtual drop-ins on the first Saturday of each month
(September 4th, October 9th, November 6th, and December 4th)
9:00 am – 1:00 pm (final student check-in at 12:30 pm)
Advising Virtual Drop-In Hours and Links
|Tuesday: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm|
|Thursday: 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm|
|Saturday: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm,
(1st Saturday of the Month)