The following non-U.S. citizens are eligible to establish and maintain a domicile in this state for the purposes of subsection (a)(2) or (3) under the Determination of Residency.
- A Permanent Resident: a student will need to submit an up-to-date copy of their Resident Card (I-551).
- A person who is eligible for permanent resident status: A person who has filed an I-485 application for permanent residency and has been issued a fee/filing receipt or notice of action by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) showing that his or her I-485 has been reviewed and has not been rejected. Students should submit their latest I-797 form.
- An eligible nonimmigrant who holds one of the types of visas posted on the Coordinating Board’s web site. Students will need to submit copies of their passport, visa, I-94, and other documents as requested.
- A person classified by the USCIS as a Refugee, Asylee, Parolee, Conditional Permanent Resident, or Temporary Resident
- Nonimmigrants (including undocumented citizens) may claim residency to Texas if they meet the following conditions:
- Graduated or will graduate from a Texas high school or receive their GED certificate in Texas.
- Resided in Texas for three years leading up to graduation from high school or received my GED certificate in Texas.
- Resided or will have resided in Texas for the 12 months prior the census date of the semester in which he/she will enroll.
- Has filed or will file an application to become a permanent resident at the earliest opportunity that he/she is eligible to do so.
- Students in this category must complete an Affidavit.
Student Commons Bldg (STCM 101)
The health and wellness of students and staff of Alamo Colleges District is our highest priority. Currently, the NLC campus is closed and all staff will be working remotely.
If you have any questions about your degree, holds, degree plan, transfer of credit, registration, please schedule an appointment with your advisor at https://www.alamo.edu/nlc/experience-nlc/current-students/academic-advising/
You can also use the “Chat” feature and ask one of our advisors a question! M-F 8:00-5:00 and Thursday 8:00-7:00.