During the months of February-May and September-December Advising conducts Professional Development on Fridays from 8:00 am – 10:00 am. During this time there will be limited Advising services. Services will be provided through Call Center and Live Chat.
SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR ADVISOR
All currently enrolled students are assigned a Certified Advisor. Advisors are available to meet face-to-face, by telephone, or via Zoom. Appointments for advising are required. See below for instructions on how to schedule an appointment with your advisor.
- Log in to your ACES Account
- Click on the “Start Here” tab
- Select the “Alamo NAVIGATE” icon
- Click “Login”
- Select the “Appointments” tab
- Select “Schedule an Appointment”
- Select the Reason for your appointment and hit Next
- Select Location and hit Next
- Select the Type of Appointment, Day, and Time that works for you and hit Next
- Enter your request in the Notes box
Students will be served on a first-come, first-serve basis and may have long wait times.
Drop-Ins are quick question/answer sessions (15 minutes) only.
Appointments are required for more extensive conversations.
These services include:
- Brief advising guidance
- Assistance with general questions
- Identifying resources to support your success at Northeast Lakeview College
- Completion of Change of Primary Institution or Change of Program of Study forms
On-campus Drop-In Services
Mon. - Thurs.: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
(last student check-in at 6:30 p.m.)
Virtual Drop-In Hours and Links:
Chat with an Advisor Hours
Monday 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Tuesday - Thursday 8:00 am - 10:00 pm
Friday - Saturday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Appointment Based Advising||Find your
Advising is addressed in the designated orientation and group advising session according to your student type:
- First-time in college students who have not attended college or students who have earned less than 12 credit hours, must sign-up for New Student Orientation and attend a Group Advising Presentation.
- Dual Credit as high school students, must sign-up for New Student Orientation and attend a Group Advising Presentation
- Transfer college students to the Alamo Colleges District with 12-45 credit hours earned, must sign-up for Transfer and Returning Orientation and Group Advising Presentation.
- Students on Academic Probation, must sign-up for Academic Success Orientation and attend the Transfer and Returning Group Advising Presentation.
Please sign-up for your designated orientation based on your student type. Your attendance at orientation and the group advising presentation will address your advising hold.
New Student Orientation
- Students placed on Academic Dismissal must complete the Academic Dismissal Petition Information.
PLEASE SEE THE ACADEMIC DISMISSAL PETITION DATES FOR FALL 2022 BELOW:
Petition Process Begins
Process Priority Deadline
Last Day to Complete Process
First Day of Class
April 1, 2022
July 31, 2022
August 5, 2022
August 22, 2022
- Students with 46 credit hours earned, do not need to attend an orientation or a group advising session. Please connect with the advising department to review your advising holds
- Current students have advisor assignments and can schedule an appointment on Navigate or contact our advising department.
- Advising email- email@example.com
- Drop-In Advising
- Advising phone- (210)-486-5406
Students are assigned an academic advisor after registration of courses and when the semester begins. Students are encouraged to consult with an academic advisor about degree plans, courses, and other educational concerns if currently enrolled and pursuing a two-year degree program, planning to transfer to another college or university, or simply taking a few selected courses. In addition to course and degree requirements, policies and procedures are subject to change. Students are encouraged to stay informed of any changes that may affect them by meeting with an academic counselor/advisor regularly.
Schedule an appointment with your assigned advisor by accessing Navigate on ACES, start here tab.
Many students who enroll at the Alamo Colleges District plan to transfer to a college or university with upper-division or junior standing. During their enrollment at Alamo Colleges District, they are advised to fulfill the lower-division requirements for the college or university selected for their continued education.
The Alamo Colleges District's transfer services aid students in making their transfer experience a seamless process. It is the responsibility of all students to ensure that they take courses at the Alamo Colleges District that will be accepted by the transfer institutions they wish to attend.
Academic Advising Services Include:
- Pre & Post- Admissions Advisement
- Assessment Interpretation
- Information on Academic Programs
- Degree Planning and Requirements
- Course Placement and Selection
- Registration Assistance
- Advisement from a course
- Graduation Requirements
- Transfer Planning and Services
- Web Advising
Student Hotline Hours:
Monday – Thursday 8 am - 7 pm