The San Antonio College Staff Senate consists of classified and professional staff elected to serve for a two-year term.
The Staff Senate represents classified and professional staff at San Antonio College and meets with College and District leadership regularly. The SAC Staff Senate also works in cooperation with Staff Senates from the district colleges and district offices of the Alamo Community College District as representatives of the Executive Staff Senate.
Programs & Events
The San Antonio College Staff Senate leads various programs and activities throughout the year that support and recognize staff for their contributions to the College, including:
- Staff Development Day (Spring)
- Employee of the Month (Monthly)
- Staff Appreciation Events
- Professional Development Workshops
- Please register for How to Build Positive Workplace Relationships -on Feb 25, 2021 2:00 PM CST at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8898870284389010960
- Please register for Creating an Environment that Encourages Employee Growth & Development - on Feb 26, 2021 2:00 PM CST at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/172729291451815952
- Please register for Maximizing the Productivity of Your Team - on Mar 10, 2021 2:00 PM CST at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6706750862347940880
- Please register for Effective Business Communication - on Mar 18, 2021 2:00 PM CDT at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5393189609411510288
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
All staff are welcome to attend meetings which take place the first and third Thursday of each month from 1pm - 2pm. Meetings are usually held in the staff lounge in the Loftin Student Center (LSC). Since we are working remotely; all meetings will be conducted through zoom until we return to campus.
|Zoom Meeting Link||Staff Senate Facebook|
Employee of the Month
The Employee of the Month award is intended to recognize staff members at the colleges who have made notable contributions to the achievement of the San Antonio College and Alamo College District Mission, Vision and Values.
Sabrina Macal-Polasek President Bonita Deleon Vice President Rosalind Ong Secretary Roxanne Barrera Treasurer Carrie Hernandez Historian Erica Alvarez Senator Isabel Castaneda Senator Lenell Clay Senator Jennifer Correa Senator Mandy Derfler Senator Joseph Liedecke Senator Norma Ramirez Senator April Reyna Senator Celina Terrones Senator Jessica Vanblaricom Senator Lesia Anderson Senator