The Information Technology Department provides planning, coordination, installation, and maintenance of campus technology and it provides technical support to all academic, student, and administrative units. We also provide recommendations for purchasing, equipment setup, installation of hardware and software, implementation of off-campus connectivity, and assists other departments with planning.
Northeast Lakeview College
IT Hours of Operation
Student Registration & Enrollment:Option 1
Canvas Support:Option 2
NLC IT Support:Option 3
Fall and Spring
Monday - Thursday: 7AM-7PM
*After Hours support, see below (see below)
District Information Technology
Help Desk Hours of Operation
ACES Password Issues: Option 1
Canvas Support: Option 2
District IT Support: Option 4
Current Hours of Operation: Option 5
Toll Free: 866-493-3947
There are open-access computer lab(s) available for students on campus. Our goal is to provide an open computer lab environment for students in support of Faculty instruction. Students are expected to follow all Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources guidelines posted in the student computer labs.
Students will be required to use their Banner ID to log into the computers where applicable.
Warning: Please use a flash drive or cloud storage to save all of your documents. All user data is erased from computers during overnight maintenance and when computer is restarted.
OPEN COMPUTER LAB(S)
Location Hours of Operation
2nd Floor of Library
Fall and Spring
Monday - Thursday 8am-7pm
Software available on all computers:
- Microsoft Edge
- Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Microsoft Office Suite
- GoPrint Pay-for-Print
Technology Resource Guide
Information on Minimum Hardware and Software requirements, purchasing information and assistance.
Technology Resource Guide for Students
ACESAces is a secure portal that provides students, staff, and faculty with access to various applications using a single sign-on. As an ACES user, you will have access to Canvas, Email, Class Rosters, Training Resources and Library Resources. Aces will also provide you with the latest information of events and important news taking place with your college.Go to ACES
CanvasThe Alamo Colleges District have transitioned to anew Learning Management System (LMS) which means each of your courses will use Canvas.Whether it's your online or web-enhanced course, you won't be disappointed with this new tool! To learn more about Canvas, access the Canvas Quick Guide.
Features in Canvas
Faculty: Please consult the Start/End of Semester Canvas Course Checklist to prepare and conclude your Canvas course each semester.
- Communication Preferences: get your notifications via e-mail, Facebook or text messages.
- Integrated Calendar: calendar events automatically populate into a single calendar -- subscribe to it with Google Calendar, iCal or Outlook.
- Chat/Video: built-in video and live chat give an extra dimension to the learning experience.
- Assignment Submission: allow assignment submissions in a variety of ways, including webpage, MS Word documents, videos, audio, or even slide shows.
How to Apply to the Alamo Colleges?
Student Equipment Checkout
Current Northeast Lakeview College students who are registered for courses may qualify for loaner laptops.
The College may have health screen requirments, for an update please see: https://www.alamo.edu/better-safer-alamotogether/
Eligibility Requirements for Loaner Laptops:
- Must be enrolled in the current semester at Northeast Lakeview College and have an Active Student College ID or a State Photo ID.
- Equipment is being loaned on a term-by-term basis and must be returned at the end of the term - unless enrolled for the next term. Equipment is limited, we apologize in advance if we are unable to provide a device.
Laptop Request Process:
*Limited Stock Remaining
- Please fill out the following form and wait to receive notification from Information Technology. An appointment will be set up for technology pick-up.
- A form will be sent to the student's school email account. A digital signature will be required. If unable to provide a digital signature a physical form will be provided during pick up.
- Equipment will be distributed at the NLC Campus from Library Room 306. Entry on College grounds may require Health Screening.