The Information Technology Department provides planning, coordination, installation, and maintenance of campus technology and it provides technical support to all academic, student, and administrative units. We also provide recommendations for purchasing, equipment setup, installation of hardware and software, implementation of off-campus connectivity, and assists other departments with planning.
Northeast Lakeview College
IT Hours of Operation
Student Registration & Enrollment:Option 1
Canvas Support:Option 2
NLC IT Support:Option 3
Fall and Spring
Monday - Thursday: 7AM-7PM
*After Hours support, see below (see below)
District Information Technology
Help Desk Hours of Operation
ACES Password Issues: Option 1
Canvas Support: Option 2
District IT Support: Option 4
Current Hours of Operation: Option 5
Toll Free: 866-493-3947
There is open-access computer lab(s) available for students on campus. Our goal is to provide an open computer lab environment for students in support of Faculty instruction. Students are expected to follow all Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources guidelines posted in the student computer labs.
Students will be required to use their Banner ID to log into the computers where applicable.
Warning: Please use a flash drive or cloud storage to save all of your documents. All user data is erased from computers during overnight maintenance and when the computer is restarted.
OPEN COMPUTER LAB(S)
Location Hours of Operation
2nd Floor of Comal Learning Resource Center
Fall and Spring
Monday - Thursday 8 am-7 pm
8 am-7 pm
Software available on all computers:
- Microsoft Edge
- Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Microsoft Office Suite
- GoPrint Pay-for-Print
Technology Resource Guide
Information on Minimum Hardware and Software requirements, purchasing information and assistance.
Technology Resource Guide for Students
Features in Canvas
- Communication Preferences: get your notifications via e-mail, Facebook or text messages.
- Integrated Calendar: calendar events automatically populate into a single calendar -- subscribe to it with Google Calendar, iCal or Outlook.
- Chat/Video: built-in video and live chat give an extra dimension to the learning experience.
- Assignment Submission: allow assignment submissions in a variety of ways, including webpage, MS Word documents, videos, audio, or even slide shows.
How to Apply to the Alamo Colleges?
Current Northeast Lakeview College students who are registered for courses may qualify for loaner laptops.
Eligibility Requirements for Loaner Laptops:
- Must be enrolled in the current semester at Northeast Lakeview College and have an Active Student College ID or a State Photo ID.
- Equipment is being loaned on a term-by-term basis and must be returned at the end of the term - unless enrolled for the next term. Equipment is limited, we apologize in advance if we are unable to provide a device.
Laptop Request Process:
*Limited Stock Remaining
- Please fill out the following form, a copy of the form will be mailed to you and the Checkout Team.
- Schedule a pickup time and date.
- Equipment will be distributed at the NLC Campus from Comal Learning Resource Center 306. Entry on College grounds may require Health Screening. Please arrive on time for your appointment.