Visa Information & Helpful Links
Obtaining a Visa
The first step for a prospective non-immigrant student is to be accepted for enrollment by an established school that is SEVP certified. When all requirements are fulfilled, your application will be evaluated for official admission and if accepted, the Form I-20 and letter of acceptance will be issued by San Antonio College. You submit the I-20 and all other supporting documents to the U.S. Consulate or Embassy in your home country in order to apply for the F-1 Student visa. Because each student's personal and academic circumstances are different, you may be asked different interview questions and/or be required to submit additional documentation.
Additional Documentation Required
- Form I-20 - You will need to submit the San Antonio College SEVIS Form I-20. The I-20 must be signed by you and the San Antonio College P/DSO.
- Online Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application, Form DS-160.
- A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States.
- One (1) 2x2 photograph.
- MRV fee receipt to show payment of the visa application fee
- I-901 fee receipt.
Note: receipt of the I-20 does not guarantee issuance of student visa.
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- STUDY in the STATES
US Department of State
- International Students Education USA
- U.S. Department of State Student Visas
- U.S. Embassies and Consulates