About the DGs
The Distinguished Graduates (DGs) initiative spotlights one outstanding graduate in each academic area.
|2021 Distinguished Graduates|
|2020 Distinguished Grads||2019 Distinguished Grads||2018 Distinguished Grads|
|2017 Distinguished Grads||2016 Distinguished Grads||2015 Distinguished Grads|
|2014 Distinguished Grads|
Application and Selection Information
To become a DG, students must meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.2.
- Participate in virtual and or socially distant Commencement Ceremony in May.
- Be prepared to participate in virtual and or socially distant events to promote graduation.
- Be in good standing (must not be on disciplinary probation or involved in a current investigation).
- Meet the department-specific requirements criteria.
- Graduating in Fall 2020, Spring 2021, or Summer 2021
Students who meet the eligbility criteria must submit the official application which includes:
- A 1,000- to 1,500-word essay describing his/her experience at SAC.
- A signed statement indicating that he/she is willing to participate in service projects to promote graduation.
- A 150- to 200-word biography. (Please keep in mind when writing the biography that the biographies of the selected Distinguished Graduates will be published online.)
- An inspirational quote including the name of the original author.
The DGs are selected by their academic area. Students will be notified of their selection or denial to the DG program by email if their application was submitted by the deadline to the department.
The below timeline outlines the typical DG process.
|Applications Open||November 2, 2020|
|Application Deadline for Students to Departments||February 1, 2021|
|Department Selection||February 8, 2021|
|DG Orientation||February 26, 2021|
|Commencement Ceremony||May 2021 (TBD*)|
As a Distinguished Graduate, students will receive the following benefits:
- Have their names added to the Distinguished Graduate department plaque;
- Receive a formal certificate;
- Have their picture, biography, and inspirational quote featured on the SAC website;
- Special recognition during the virtual or socially distant graduation ceremony