Graduation Eligibility and Steps
Students should only apply for graduation when they are completing their final semester. If completing a degree in the summer, the student should apply for graduation in the previous Spring semester. Students must meet all stated graduation application deadlines.
In order to graduate from SAC, the student must meet the following criteria:
- Achieve a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better in all coursework taken at San Antonio College, including courses successfully completed at other institutions which apply to the student's degree.
- Complete all required courses for the degree or certificate for which they are applying.
- Maintain a status of "Good Academic Standing" through the end of the final semester at SAC.
- Complete the requirements of the Texas Success Initiative (TSI), if applicable.
- Complete a minimum of 25% of coursework at San Antonio College.
- Submit official transcript(s) from all previous colleges attended.
- Complete the online Graduation Application on ACES and submit the Graduation Packet to Admissions & Records by the appropriate deadlines.
Note: Click on Step #2 for more infor on Cap & Gown Pick-up
Students who are eligible and ready to graduate should follow the graduation steps listed below.
Meet with your department or institute advisor and complete the SAC Graduation Packet. When you meet with an advisor, you will also be instructed to complete the online ACES graduation application.
The Graduation Packet includes:
- Graduation Application (PDF)
- Degree audit completed by an advisor.
Note: Be sure to complete Step 1 by the stated deadline. In the Fall, the deadline is typically at the end of October. In the Spring, the deadline is typically in mid-March. In the Summer, the deadline is typically at the end of June.
Our traditional cap and gown pick-up was replaced by a contactless online ordering process. You received an email to order your cap and gown online directly through Jostens. If you missed the April 15, 2021 deadline and do not have your cap and gown, we encourage you to still participate.
Please visit the Commencement Ceremony website for more information. Click here.
Degrees/Certificates are posted to the student account in ACES 30 days after the end of the semester. If you are expecting to receive an award, check your ACES account at that time.
Diplomas will begin being mailed approximately 60 days after the end of the semester.