Orientation to Online Learning
The mission of the Online Orientation program is to welcome and support online students to successfully transition to San Antonio College online courses by exposing them to a broad range of online resources, time management tips, technology requirements, course access information and essential campus support programs.
The Office of Technology Services, Instructional Technology is offering a free orientation to Online Learning (OLRN) course. This course is 100% online, self-paced and can accessed through your ACES/My Courses Tab.
If you are enrolled in hybrid/online course(s) and are new to online learning, you are required to take this course once as a student of Alamo Colleges. This course is available after you register for classes and should take a total of one hour to complete. We highly recommend students complete this course prior to the start of the semester.
- Log into ACES and select Student tab.
- Select the Web Services channel and navigate to Student & Financial Aid and choose Registration.
- From the menu items select Add or Drop Classes and Term.
- Choose Semester from the drop down menu.
- Use Search by College option and select the following:
subject - Orientation to Online Learning
college - San Antonio College.
- Select Section Search.
- Select the section that best fits your schedule.