Student Mega Lab
Welcome to the San Antonio College Mega Computer Lab
|The Mega Computer Lab facility provides SAC students the space and resources to complete classwork. Staff with specialized knowledge of operating system and key software applications are on hand to assist students with troubleshooting and computer needs. The following is a list of some of the services and resources offered at the MegaLab:|
Need virtual assistance?
Lab Hardware and Software
Computers in the Mega Lab have
the following software:
- Microsoft Office Suite 2016 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and more)
- iWork (Pages, Keynote, Numbers)
- Adobe products
- Accessibility software (Zoomtext, Kurzweil, Dragon Speak)
Please note: The above items do not reflect a complete listing of all available software. Some computers may have special discipline specific software. Software applications are updated as new versions become available. Please contact Mega Lab staff for additional information.
57 Virtual Thin Clients 34 Windows PC 20 MAC Workstations 3 iPads 4 Overhead Projector 1 Smart Projector 3 Teaching Workstations 2 High Speed B/W HP printers 1 Color DELL laser printer 3 Scanners
There are several computer classroom labs available for Academic Department Instructional Use on the 5th floor of the Moody Learning Center (MLC). If you are interested in reserving a computer lab for a class, please complete the Computer Lab Reservation Form.
Academic departments wishing to reserve an instructional lab for use at times other than regularly scheduled classes can contact the Mega Lab at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 210-486-0160.
Classroom Labs Available:
1 Virtual Thin Client Lab 1 PC Lab 1 Mac Lab
Students and teachers are eligible for a free copy of Microsoft 365 Education, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and now Microsoft Teams, plus additional classroom tools. Sign up and download your free copy at: products.office.com/en-us/student/office-in-education
The Alamo Colleges District academic software purchase site (http://alamo.onthehub.com) provides deep discounts on other popular software titles like Adobe Creative Cloud.
- All Alamo Colleges District students are authorized to use the lab. Students using the computer lab will be required to sign in and out at the entry desk kiosk before using the lab.
- No reservation is needed. Students will be served on a first-come, first-served basis.
- San Antonio College Faculty and Staff can reserve a computer lab for San Antonio College-related functions. Please contact the lab for schedule availability.
- Download a pdf of the full Mega Lab User Guide.
Fall & Spring Hours:
8am - 6pm | Mon-Thurs
8am - 5pm | Friday
7am - 6pm | Mon-Thurs
Moody Learning Center - 502 (5th Floor)