Advising How-to Guides
Get help with college processes by viewing these helpful instructional videos below.
To schedule a Zoom APPOINTMENT with your ASSIGNED Certified Advisor all you need to do is:
- Log in to your ACES Account & click on the “Start Here” tab
- Select the “Alamo NAVIGATE” icon
- Click “Login”
- Select the “Appointments” tab
- Select “Schedule an Appointment”
- Select the Reason for your appointment and hit Next
- Select the Location and hit Next
- Select the Day and Time that works for you and hit Next
- Enter “Zoom Appointment” in the Notes box
- Review the selection and confirm your appointment
- New SAC students are assigned an advisor, and can then begin scheduling appointments, AFTER attending a general advising session
- Appointments are available for students who have an ASSIGNED ADVISOR. Visit "My Page" on ACES to view "My Advisor".
To register for classes, please view the video below.
- Login to ACES with your ACES ID and password (If you do not have your ACES ID and password, follow the instructions on the ACES login page.)
- Select Student Tab
- Select the Register Here Icon
- Select Proceed To Registration Link
- If this is your first time registering, you will be directed to complete a student survey.
- It is important that you answer every question.
- Once complete, you will be taken to the registration menu.
- Select Register for Classes
- Select a Term and Submit. e.g. Spring 2022: Undergrad degree/credential. (Do not select any term that has CE or COM)
- Review GPS/ISP to gather Course Name and Number
- Enter the Subject, Course Number and College (San Antonio College)
- Select the Course that fits your Availability (Keep in mind if the course is in person, online or requires a zoom time.)
Expand the Meeting Time Column to pay attention to the START DATE and END DATE and, once you find a course, scroll to the right and select add
- Repeat steps 7-10 to add additional classes.
To Drop classes from your schedule, click the drop-down menu beside the course you wish to drop and select **Web Dropped Prior to Term**.
- At the bottom, select Submit Changes and the course will be removed from your schedule.
Understanding Course Modalities
- Face-to-Face: This course meets on-campus (on-site) for instruction.
- Hybrid: This course has online or remote instruction with an on-campus (on-site) component.
- Online: Asynchronous instruction delivered online via Canvas and additional online tools. There may be a face-to-face component such as orientation, laboratory, exam review, or an in-person test.
- Remote Learning: Synchronous instruction, the same as a standard course only on Zoom at the originally scheduled class times. It offers the benefits of face-to-face instruction while maximizing social distancing efforts. Remote instruction will take place via ZOOM, Canvas, and additional remote-access tools.
Viewing Class Schedule
To see what classes you will be taking, log into ACES and select:
- “Student” in menu on left side of page
- “Register Here”
- “Proceed to Registration”
- “View Registration Information”
- Choose the semester from the drop-down menu
- Once your schedule appears, you have the option to:
- Save to PDF by selecting the Print Option
- Take a screen shot if you are using your cell phone
* Pay attention to the start date and end date of each class
Degree Planning Tools
Don't know the differences with GPS, ISP, and TAG?
Review your current GPS degree plan by visiting your ACES account. You can see where you have recently registered for classes, what requirements have been completed, and what you will need to complete to earn your degree.
Students should update their ISP each semester to be certain they stay on track with their chosen degree plans. During your first semester of classes, you meet with your assigned advisor to start this process. You will get more information about this during your EDUC 1300 class.
Watch a short ISP tutorial here.
Find the Transfer Advising Guides (TAG) for select four-year institutions. These will assist you in selecting courses that meet your SAC degree requirements and those for your potential bachelor program.
For additional assistance, students can contact email@example.com (please include your Banner ID number in your email)
Director of Advising
Office Main Phone
Office Email Account *
Fall Office Hours
(July 25 - August 27)
Monday - Thursday
8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday (Begins August 6)
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
(Check On-campus & Virtual Drop-in Advising schedules, in First-come First-serve Assistance, for details)