ATTENTION: GRADUAL RETURN TO CAMPUS
Get help with college processes by viewing these helpful instructional videos below.
To schedule a Zoom APPOINTMENT with your ASSIGNED Certified Advisor all you need to do is:
- Log in to your ACES Account & click on the “Start Here” tab
- Select the “Alamo NAVIGATE” icon
- Click “Login”
- Select the “Appointments” tab
- Select “Schedule an Appointment”
- Select the Reason for your appointment and hit Next
- Select the Location and hit Next
- Select the Day and Time that works for you and hit Next
- Enter “Zoom Appointment” in the Notes box
- Review the selection and confirm your appointment
Remember, appointments are available for students who have an ASSIGNED ADVISOR. Visit "My Page" on ACES to view "My Advisor".
To register for classes, please view the video below.
Registration in ACES
- Log in to ACES.
- Select Student option on the left-hand menu.
- Click on the graphic that reads ‘Register Here.
- Click ‘Proceed to Registration.’
If this is your first time registering, you will be directed to complete a student survey. It is important that you answer every question. Once complete, you will be taken to the registration menu.
- Once you are ready to register, you will be prompted to select a term or semester in order to continue. You will be directed to a registration menu.
The Prepare for Registration feature allows you to check the status of your student profile including any holds that may prevent you from registration.
You can navigate back to the registration menu by selecting Registration at the top of your screen.
The Plan Ahead feature allows you to plan for your academic semester. If you have an active and locked Individual Success Plan in GPS (your digital degree plan) it will automatically populate in the plans tab.
- To Search for Courses, select ‘Register for Classes’ in the registration menu.
If you have an active and locked Individual Success Plan, it will automatically populate.
- Simply select “View Section” to choose the course that works for your schedule.
- Select ‘Add’ and you will see the course added to your summary at the bottom right of the screen.
- For a more general search, head to the ‘Find Classes’ tab.
- Search by subject, course number, or simply enter a keyword such as “English.”
- Select ‘Search’ to view your search results. All the courses that match your search criteria will populate.
- If you add a face-to-face, hybrid, or remote-learning class that meets on a specific date and time, you will see it populate on the calendar at the bottom left of your screen.
- Fully-distance classes that are completed entirely online and do not meet at designated times will not populate on the calendar.
- The status for your course registration will remain as ‘Pending’ until you click the ‘Submit’ Button.
- Once you see the ‘Pending’ status change to ‘Registered’ you will know your registration is complete.
- Your schedule will also change from gray to color.
Understanding Course Modalities
HYBRID: This course has online or remote instruction with an on-campus (on-site) component.
Online: Asynchronous instruction delivered online via Canvas and additional online tools. There may be a face-to-face component such as orientation, laboratory, exam review, or an in-person test.
Remote Learning: Synchronous instruction, the same as a standard course only on Zoom at the originally scheduled class times. It offers the benefits of face-to-face instruction while maximizing social distancing efforts. Remote instruction will take place via ZOOM, Canvas, and additional remote-access tools.
Face-to-Face: This course meets on-campus (on-site) for instruction.
Dropping a Course During the Registration Period
- If you would like to drop a class during the registration period, find the course you wish to change in the summary section, and select ‘Web Drop Before Term’ in the Action menu and click ‘Submit.’
- To remove a class after registration has closed, contact your Advisor.
View Your Schedule
- View your schedule by selecting a term in the drop-down menu.
- Once your schedule appears, you have the option to print or save to PDF by selecting the Print Option.
Degree Planning Tools
Don't know the differences with GPS, ISP, and TAG?
Review your current GPS degree plan by visiting your ACES account. You can see where you have recently registered for classes, what requirements have been completed, and what you will need to complete to earn your degree.
Students should update their ISP each semester to be certain they stay on track with their chosen degree plans. During your first semester of classes, you meet with your assigned advisor to start this process. You will get more information about this during your EDUC 1300 class.
Watch a short ISP tutorial here.
Find the Transfer Advising Guides (TAG) for select four-year institutions. These will assist you in selecting courses that meet your SAC degree requirements and those for your potential bachelor program.
For additional assistance, students can contact email@example.com (please include your Banner ID number in your email)
Director of Advising
Office Main Phone
Office Email Account *
Summer Office Hours
(May 30 - July 24)
Monday and Wednesday
8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
(Last drop-in at 6:30 p.m.)
Tuesday and Thursday
12:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
(Last drop-in at 6:30 p.m.)
ADVISING OFFICES CLOSED:
Tuesday, June 15
Tuesday, June 29
Monday, July 5
Wednesday, July 21