Military Personnel and Eligible Family

Rules and Regulations for determining residence status are set by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. THECB residency information can be found at

Active duty military (including active reserves and National Guard) may have their out of state tuition waived to in state tuition. Active duty must be with a Texas Unit. A letter must be submitted once per academic year at least two weeks prior to registration. The student will remain classified as non-resident in our database for admission purposes but will be eligible to pay in-state tuition. 

Active duty military members are required to present/submit the following:

    •  Present their Military ID once per academic year.

    •  Submit a Military Verification Form and present their Military ID once 
       per academic year.

    •  The spouse and/pr dependent(s) will be required to submit a Military
        Verification Form and present their Military ID once per academic year.