Student Accessibility Services

Northwest Vista College is dedicated to creating opportunities for success for all of our students. The Access Office is committed to providing all students with access to quality education and providing reasonable accommodations to eligible students.

Requests for class accommodations are now being accepted for Summer and Fall semesters!! 

Please note our summer hours are Monday through Thursday 8AM - 7PM Closed on Fridays.



Accommodations are designed to help students with disabilities overcome challenges they experience in the classroom.

Refer to the list below for commonly requested accommodations.
  • Exam Accommodations
  • Use of a Recording Device
  • Interpreting Services
  • Adaptive Equipment
  • Opportunity to leave the class suddenly
  • Students may be late to class due to walking difficulties

Guide: High School to College Transition & Accommodations


Documentation Examples

Q & A

I am a new student. What happens after I submit my request form and upload my documentation?

--Keep an eye on your email as we will reach out to schedule your intake appointment.

Can I request TSI accommodations?

--Yes. Students needing TSI accommodations will need to submit a request form. The accommodation request form will allow students to select either "Class" or "TSI".

Does my high school ARD or 504 plan transfer over to college?

--No. All students will need to submit a request form online and upload their ARD, 504 or letter from a medical professional that lists their disability/diagnosis.

What if I am a returning student, do I need to submit a new request this semester?

--Yes, students need to submit a request for class accommodation each semester.

How long does it take to receive my letters of accommodation (LOAs) after I submit a request form?

--Our processing timeframe is 14 business days. This does not include weekends or holidays. 

How will I know when my letters of accommodation (LOAs) have been sent to my professors?

--Students receive a copy of their LOAs in their student email. 

When can I submit my request for class accommodations each semester?

--You can submit a request for class accommodations after you register for classes beginning on the dates below depending on the semester.

Fall Semester requests for accommodations will be accepted beginning April 1st.

Spring Semester requests for accommodations will be accepted beginning November 1st.

Summer Semester requests for accommodations will be accepted beginning March 1st.

Contact Us:


We are located in DWWC room #120

Jennifer Alvizo
Senior Coordinator


JoDee Cortez
Certified Academic Advisor


Vada Garza
Specialist/Student Success