The SAC Empowerment Center offers comprehensive educational supportive and retention services in a one-stop environment for both students and the community.
Services are provided for women and non-traditional students including single parents, displaced homemakers, first-generation college students, residents of public housing, dislocated workers, and other individuals needing support to succeed in a college environment.
A wide range of services are offered to students on the departments caseload including academic advisement, childcare referrals, parenting support programs, workshops, educational re-entry services, community resource referrals, leadership development programs for women, scholarship resources, GED services, outreach conferences and other special programming.
Empowerment Center Services are available:
Monday - Thursday 8am - 7pm
Empowerment Center Advisors Office Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 8:00 to 6:30
SAC will offer limited student services on Fridays from 8:00 – 12:00 pm. at the Welcome Center in the Moody Learning Center 2nd floor during the following summer timeframe: May 30th – July 25th
Our department is the recipient of the following local, state, and national awards:
- 2015 NACADA Outstanding Institutional Advising Program Award
- 2015 Finalist, Excelencia in Education Award
- 2014 STAR Award, Texas Coordinating Board – GED to College Transition Program
- 2007 STAR Award - Texas Coordinating Board – Parent Child Program
- 2006 Model Program Award, American Association of Women In Higher Education
- 2003 Alamo Workforce Development Board Award for Excellence Through Innovation